Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

50 inch light bar on EBAY

Old 12-12-2013, 06:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 50 inch light bar on EBAY

Has anyone ever bought a 50 inch or shorter led light bar off of eBay?? I find a lot of them on eBay for cheap prices ranging from $250-500. I don't know if it is just a scam or something.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-995350980.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	516366  
Old 12-12-2013, 06:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

usually not a scam, but they're not the best design. They work and they're bright, but you get a ton of wind noise and whistling because. Rigid holds a design patent of a type of diffuser that addresses the wind noise and some of the other mid-tier manufacturers also have solutions. Check out Inspired Engineering's 50". They make good stuff and I'm pretty sure their bar doesn't whistle. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/spon...-deals-291292/
Old 12-12-2013, 06:48 AM
JK Freak

Rigid's diffuser works on most if not all bars. Works on my LIFETIME LED bar
Old 12-12-2013, 07:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by voglermc
Rigid's diffuser works on most if not all bars. Works on my LIFETIME LED bar
you can buy it separately? can you provide a link?
Old 12-12-2013, 07:18 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ive gotten a few ebay led light bars, no issues at all. Side by side, they look identical to ridgids imo. Never had condensation or any kind of failing. Id highly reccomend them. Mine have been thru salty cold winters and 120 degree mexican summers as well as mudding and desserts. Its one of the things china can do decently, electronics... Now flame away on my comment.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:19 AM
JK Freak

I agree with you
Old 12-12-2013, 07:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by etl330

you can buy it separately? can you provide a link?
Email rigid and tell them your lightbar whistles, they'll mail u 2 diffusers for free. not to be confused with light diffusing lenses that some lightbars sell, these are rubber brackets with fingers that slide into the rear fins and break up wind noise. All the lightbars make wind noise because of the JK windshield and design. It wouldn't be cost effective to build a lightbar only for a Jk, they're universal

Also, there's millions of posts on here and threads about the cheap eBay lightbars. Buy the one everyone has bought and hasn't had any problems
Old 12-12-2013, 07:28 AM
JK Newbie

I bought a 10" one off eBay and it has been a solid performer for almost a year now. Bright and sturdy with zero issues.

I remember when these LED bars became the the newest thing in off road lighting. They were unique and commanded a pretty penny but now, there are quite a few brands (both American and foreign) so I suspect the high dollar prices for the big name bars will start coming down because of the competition. For most people, the differences will hardly be noticable and if you are careful when installing them and follow safe practices in your wiring, they should perform as expected. Unless you're running the Baja 1000, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one of the cheaper ones from eBay. I will also say that even though I would buy a foreign one, I won't buy it from a foreign seller on eBay; find one stateside just in case you actually have an issue to address.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:22 AM
JK Freak

There's so many choices and they all look sketchy. Like the description says 50" 300w and the picture says 52" 280w...Any sellers that people recommend that offer warranties?
Old 12-12-2013, 08:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

There's a whole thread on these bars over here -> https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...ht-bar-290152/

buy the same one everyone has been buying, spend $10 in door trim to stop the whistling and enjoy your new 50 or 52" LED light bar that you got for a fraction of what rigid charges!

Quick Reply: 50 inch light bar on EBAY