Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

AEV 2" spacer lift

Old 03-09-2013, 03:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEV 2" spacer lift

This may be a repeat of another thread but I couldn't find any results. Anyone out there have the 2" spacer lift from AEV? I'm looking for photos/reviews. What do you think of it? It seems like a good deal for $260.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:37 AM
JK Newbie

I installed the AEV 2.0" spacer lift about three weeks ago (which I guess was about the time you asked the question) on my 2011 JKU.

Installation: Installation went well, I wished the instructions were a little more informative. ie. I wished AEV took the time to list or describe what size wrench you needed for each step the way TeraFlex and a few others do. But installation was easy enough and I performed the installation in my garage using a floor jack, jack stands. The bad part was I did have to use a spring compressor get the coils back in. But thats just because I didn't feel comfortable raising the jack stands any higher. Over all the installation (including the time it took me to drive across town to rent a coil spring compressor took about 5 hours.

Performance: I have not done any real offroading since installing the lift. Driving characteristics seem to be nearly identical and I can't tell the differences at all, other than a slightly higher step in height.

Post Installation: One week after installing the lift I have added spidertrax 1.5" spacers in preparation for larger tires, but am still currently on stock wheels with the stock SRA 255/75R17's.

Over all thoughts: This is my daily driver... I like the look, it does make it too tall for my wife or kids to get in, but think it will perform better and look better when I finally get around to buying some wider and slightly taller 285/70R17's (approx. 33" tires) installed.

I haven't really taken any photos yet, but I can get you some if you still want to see some.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Aev 2.0

I have this spacer lift, had shop do install. For my purposes a great lift.
I have 315/70/17 on with it and looks great to me. I am sure people will say it will rub off road but I have yet to try, my plans were fire roads etc.
No change to handling caused by lift, tires have changed things a bit.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	2175
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	440849  
Old 03-31-2013, 01:44 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the info guys! I think this is the lift I'm gonna go with and just have the local shop do the install. If there are any more pics I'd like to see some other angles, etc. Has there been any settling of the suspension after install?
Old 03-31-2013, 02:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Joe with the flow
Thanks for the info guys! I think this is the lift I'm gonna go with and just have the local shop do the install. If there are any more pics I'd like to see some other angles, etc. Has there been any settling of the suspension after install?
I've had mine for about 2 months. I really like it. We installed it in under 90 minutes, though we did use my buddies shop (lift, air tools, etc). Here's some pics that I've posted before.

Name:	image-3493106471.jpg
Views:	1645
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	440908   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-214329686.jpg
Views:	1851
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	440909   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1267282659.jpg
Views:	1903
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	440910   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1134513253.jpg
Views:	1788
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	440911  
Old 03-31-2013, 06:49 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jiggy79

I've had mine for about 2 months. I really like it. We installed it in under 90 minutes, though we did use my buddies shop (lift, air tools, etc). Here's some pics that I've posted before.
Sweet! I like the before and after pics.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:59 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ccchris
I have this spacer lift, had shop do install. For my purposes a great lift.
I have 315/70/17 on with it and looks great to me. I am sure people will say it will rub off road but I have yet to try, my plans were fire roads etc.
No change to handling caused by lift, tires have changed things a bit.
I am glad you posted your photo of the AEV on 315s... What make and model are they? Have you measured the actual height of them? It looks good, but I think if I decided to go that tall, I would trim my fenders.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:26 PM
JK Newbie

I have had this lift since December, but not had a chance to seriously off road yet. Overall, and easy install, and I am sure it is going to work just fine for me. My only complaint are the front extension brackets. have had to grind off a fair bit of the bottom corner of the drivers side bracket, and still hits the tie rod on off camber bumps.

Other than that, pretty pleased.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20130310-00041 (2).jpg
Views:	1450
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	441839Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20130310-00040 (2).jpg
Views:	2464
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	441840Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20130310-00039 (2).jpg
Views:	1625
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	441841
Old 04-02-2013, 03:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've had this lift for just over 7 months and I really enjoy the feel of it. Its not that high but works for me right now, and you can tell the difference when beside stock jeeps. Have gone on a few runs since the lift and biggest change is I don't hear the sound of scrapes anymore! Ride feels same on road with small difference when its windy and feeling it against bottom of Jeep.

Railamer I do believe you just solved my investigation as to what I've been hearing lately when driving! Mind seems to tap my tie rod as well. Do you notice a big difference after grinding down the bracket?

Name:	IMG00506-20130120-0827.jpg
Views:	1227
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	441845   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00507-20130120-0827.jpg
Views:	1293
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	441846  
Old 04-02-2013, 04:52 PM
JK Newbie

My son and I put the AEV spacer lift on our unlimited one afternoon- took 3 or so hours with breaks for a lunch trip etc... No problems with any parts fitment, everything went as shown in the instructions. On my 13' the most difficult part was getting the front brake hose out of the bracket- we got ahead of ourselves and removed them before removing the hose- would have been so much easier with the bracket attached. But other than that no problems with the install. In the driveway with a couple of jackstands and jacks and hand tools( my air compressor acted up that day of course!!) the most difficult part was retorquing all 12 or 14 control arm and trackbar bolts... I was tired getting those torqued to 125 or so... no pops squeeks, bumps or anything drove just the same as stock. I did leave the rear OEM isolator on the springs along with the AEV spacer.

This is my DD and will not see much Off Road use- I have a 04 rubicon I use- I was loooking for simple lift for slightly bigger tires- 285/75-17s for a bit better "look" on the street. Ride is good with rubi take- off shocks we installed, no problems with alignment other than having to center steering wheel. Simple inexpensive, everthing fits, gets the desired results.
The only disappointment I had was the hardware wasn't OEM quality, or at least wasn't the same as what came off the vehicle - cad plated rather than galv. I used lots of anti sieze on fasteners.

Quick Reply: AEV 2" spacer lift