Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

AEV 2" spacer lift

Old 04-02-2013, 05:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JIMinSVAZ
I am glad you posted your photo of the AEV on 315s... What make and model are they? Have you measured the actual height of them? It looks good, but I think if I decided to go that tall, I would trim my fenders.
They are bfg at's and measure a little under 34 inches. I was on the fence to get 33's (285/70/17) but think I would have regretted going any smaller than the 315's. Having the correct offset on your rims will help with avoiding some of the rubbing.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since I installed my lift, I have driven from Arizona to Illinois and back... when I got back in hauled just under a ton of bricks we bought from Lowe's to build a firepit. The JK was loaded all the way down to the bump stops! Drove home about 4 miles at ~30 mph. That is with the Spidertrax spacers and the AEV 2.0" lift. I have had zero issues and all is looking good!

After seeing ccchris's images and doing a search I have decided to go ahead and buy some 35x12.50x17 tires. After researching I decided on some Fierce Attitudes which are produced by Goodyear/Dunlop. Guys here on the forum are saying they meaure about 33.75-34.25" on stock moab wheels. A couple of guys have these exact tires on the 1.5" Teraflex Performance Leveling kit which sits very similar to my AEV 2.0" kit and I definitely like the looks especially after trimming the fenders.

I'm not trying to irritate any BB lovers out there, but my issue is that I go trail riding, off-roading, wheeling, rock crawling, what ever you want to call it at least once if not two times a month in Arizona... I have a feeling that as I increase my tire size to quench my thirst for more difficult terrain I will also need a little more height to make room for my larger tires and greater articulation, so I may be going to a slightly larger 2.5-3.5" lift.

Don't get me wrong, I love this lift... it got me started, and is a great introductory lift... shoot it's seen some trail miles for sure. And I am sure it would be great for some guys in the mid-west that only want to run 285's or do not need the larger 34+ diameter tires and articulation that we need down the southwest desert...

Quick Reply: AEV 2" spacer lift