Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Another... mattgt5 build thread - 2007 JKUR

Old 11-11-2014, 03:15 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JKBud
It might be too soon to ask but I'm curious to see how the synergy coils compare to metalcloaks. Any feedback would be great, thanks.
They are slightly stiffer. They ride very well. I am pleased with them. I don't think you could go wrong with either. If MC made a 3" I would have bought them but they don't. I'm trying to keep this thing in my garage and was afraid the 3.5" would be too much. I've heard of people having issues with their mc coils but I never did. Thought they were great. I do prefer these synergy coils to the RK and teraflex I've had before. Certainly better than the RC I took out. I bet they will be very comparable to the mc once I get the bumpers, winch and 37" spare on it like I had with the mc.

<TTImageStyle: 0x4668dd90>
Old 11-11-2014, 03:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mattgt5
They are slightly stiffer. They ride very well. I am pleased with them. I don't think you could go wrong with either. If MC made a 3" I would have bought them but they don't. I'm trying to keep this thing in my garage and was afraid the 3.5" would be too much. I've heard of people having issues with their mc coils but I never did. Thought they were great. I do prefer these synergy coils to the RK and teraflex I've had before. Certainly better than the RC I took out. I bet they will be very comparable to the mc once I get the bumpers, winch and 37" spare on it like I had with the mc. <TTImageStyle: 0x4668dd90>
Good to hear,how much lift did you actually get? I'm not trying to be too tall either.
Old 11-11-2014, 03:42 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by JKBud
Good to hear,how much lift did you actually get? I'm not trying to be too tall either.
right at about 3.5". Just a tip, if you want it level, but the 4" for the front. They are designed to keep the rake. I'm running a 1" spacer in the front because I didn't know. The mc 3.5" netted me 3.75" loaded down with armor and stuff.

sent from my work leash
Old 11-11-2014, 03:52 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks great! I run the synergy coils and love them. I am sure you'll feel the same. They're super long and I've been postponing putting new front bumpstops in because it was such a pain to get the coils in. Should be awesome on 37s.
Old 11-11-2014, 04:16 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Joe_B
Looks great! I run the synergy coils and love them. I am sure you'll feel the same. They're super long and I've been postponing putting new front bumpstops in because it was such a pain to get the coils in. Should be awesome on 37s.
That is exactly where I am now. Bout killed me getting them in and now I need to add a 3" puck on the perch. Have to have them since I'm doing a drag link flip.

sent from my work leash
Old 11-11-2014, 04:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see an LS swap coming.
Old 11-11-2014, 04:39 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by TripleBJK
I see an LS swap coming.
Hey, if the engine blows it blows!

sent from my work leash
Old 11-12-2014, 01:22 PM
JK Freak

I could have used you last night! Those synergy front coils with no spring compressors nearly killed me. The axle was nearly on the ground. I will let you know when I go to put the bump stops in. It has stock right now. Won't turn down the help with the arms either. You need to get another so I can work on somebody else's!

sent from my work leash
Same with my 2.5" Metal Cloak coils, 6 ton jacks nearly maxed out, axle almost on the ground, track bar disconnected, exhaust crossover skid bar unbolted since the driveshaft was hanging on it. Luckily with MC bump stops I can swap sizes without pulling the coil.

right at about 3.5". Just a tip, if you want it level, but the 4" for the front. They are designed to keep the rake. I'm running a 1" spacer in the front because I didn't know. The mc 3.5" netted me 3.75" loaded down with armor and stuff.

sent from my work leash
I'd still go 3" all around since only the 4 door 3" rear are progressive, the rest are linear. I originally wanted to go Synergy coils but that setup is a bit taller than I wanted.

Do you still have your blue JKU?

Last edited by TRAUMAhead; 11-12-2014 at 01:27 PM.
Old 11-12-2014, 03:47 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by TRAUMAhead
Same with my 2.5" Metal Cloak coils, 6 ton jacks nearly maxed out, axle almost on the ground, track bar disconnected, exhaust crossover skid bar unbolted since the driveshaft was hanging on it. Luckily with MC bump stops I can swap sizes without pulling the coil. I'd still go 3" all around since only the 4 door 3" rear are progressive, the rest are linear. I originally wanted to go Synergy coils but that setup is a bit taller than I wanted. Do you still have your blue JKU?
I had to do the same thing with the skid. When I called synergy, they told me all the sizes were progressive. My fronts are definately progressive. No I sold the blue one to another forum member who lives in Alabama. I think his wife drives it.

sent from my work leash
Old 11-12-2014, 04:49 PM
JK Freak

I had to do the same thing with the skid. When I called synergy, they told me all the sizes were progressive. My fronts are definately progressive. No I sold the blue one to another forum member who lives in Alabama. I think his wife drives it.

sent from my work leash
Synergy 4 door front 1"-3" coils are progressive, 4.5" and 6.0" are linear. Only the 4 door rear 3.0" is progressive, rest are linear. If you go with the front 4.5" and rear 3.0" to get rid of rake, you'd be running linear front, progressive rear. With 3.0" all around and 1" spacer in the front (the combo you're running), you're progressive all around. I'm a bit OCD so I'd have to have them match all progressive or all linear. I've read 0 complaints for any and all Synergy coil combos though.

Last edited by TRAUMAhead; 11-12-2014 at 04:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Another... mattgt5 build thread - 2007 JKUR