Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

anyone have a 5.7vvt and a manual trans ?

Old 12-02-2010, 06:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone have a 5.7vvt and a manual trans ?

looking for anyone that has a 5.7 vvt with a manual have some questions i would like to ask

ty in advance
B
Old 12-06-2010, 11:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Im Interested in this too. so

BUMP
Old 12-07-2010, 01:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was wondering the same thing? I few weeks ago I came across an article in the AEV forum. They said that they will be offering a 5.7 and 6.1 kit in the future that covers the manual side of life.

I would love that I have a 6spd and with an 8 ......wow that would be insane all the time.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think there are shops out there that are offering this option "vvt and manual"

I'm interested in it too if anyone has done it here...
Old 12-07-2010, 08:14 AM
JK Newbie

I have a 5.7 vvt with a 6speed manual. I love it and i cant imagine having it any other way. Burnsville offroad did it for me back in september. The only issue im having with it is a check engine light that is caused by the ecu trying to detect an auto trans, it doesnt affect the performance at all and Burnville is working on a fix.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:47 AM
JK Newbie

does thier programming effect esp or anything else ? talked the them and just wanted real world answers.

ty
B
Old 12-23-2010, 07:11 AM
JK Newbie

Yes, I have a VVT 5.7 Hemi with a Manual Transmission and I am having all kinds of programming issues with it at the present time. It would be my advise not to buy this until they have the programming issues resolved. Do not listen to any crap about there being no problems-there is a litany of problems. Two serious issues being that my cruise control does not work and the engine check light is on. One of the other minor issues is that the dash shows a shifting display for an automatic, which is bizarre looking. I have other issues, but not worth going into detail at this time, as I am waiting to have these issues resolved by the shop which performed the upgrades.

I dont know about other states, but in the state of Texas, they will not grant issue of an inspection sticker if the check engine light is lit. I heard that there are other owners with vehicles that are suffering these issues. If these problems are not resolved prior to March, I will have no other recourse than to seek legal action against said shop.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:09 PM
JK Newbie

still no update on aev releasing their vvt manual kit any luck with the bugs worked out of that other companies kit ?
Old 01-13-2011, 07:58 AM
JK Newbie

im still waiting to hear back from BOR about the check engine light fix, but it honestly hasnt hurt performance or anything, i guess i kind of lucked out and got one that doesnt have hardly any problems

Quick Reply: anyone have a 5.7vvt and a manual trans ?