Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Apollointech, KC Daylighters G6 Gravity LED Spotlight, RealWheels Pre-Runner Bar

Old 05-29-2017, 07:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apollointech, KC Daylighters G6 Gravity LED Spotlight, RealWheels Pre-Runner Bar

This weekend I tackled a fun project installing the Apollointech A-Pillar switching system, KC Hilites Daylighter Gravity G6 LED Spotlight off road lights, and the RealWheels Pre-Runner bar on my '16 Rubicon. (I purchased all three from Amazon at competitive prices.)

The installation was straightforward. I had read several helpful installation write ups on the Apollointech product so there were no surprises. I am impressed with the quality and pleased with the results.

The RealWheels pre-runner bar is also a quality product and the installation was also easy. I mounted the lights pendant style (upside down) on the bar. The light mount tabs needed to be drilled out from 3/8" to 1/2" and I had to use some neoprene fender washers and a big flat washer for each light instead of the provided rubber anti-vibration mounts but with those easy changes the light installation was easy, too. Wiring the lights was a piece of cake. I had to remove and re-orient the light inserts in the housing to mount them pendant style but this was a simple job. The spotlights are quite bright and I'm really impressed with them. They have a retro look that matches the JK well.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	You_Doodle_2017-05-30T03_25_31Z.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	2.77 MB
ID:	672082   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7051.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	864.6 KB
ID:	672192  

Last edited by PNWJK; 06-01-2017 at 06:26 PM.
Old 06-01-2017, 06:35 PM
JK Newbie

I installed the ARB compressor today with the Evo Manufacturing bracket. This was also easy to do and a satisfying project. As others have said, mounting the compressor to the bracket requires the mounting bolts to be cut down which is a step not in the Evo instructions. The Evo instructions say to install the bolts from the bottom but this is more difficult than using the ARB carriage bolts and cutting them off. The ARB wiring harness also needs to be modified as others have described and this was a little time consuming but I enjoyed doing it. I also installed the ARB inflation kit which the provided quick connect air fittings. For anyone considering these upgrades I recommend all three products, the ARB compressor and inflation kit and the Evo bracket.
Old 06-01-2017, 06:38 PM
JK Newbie

You will notice in the picture of the switch panel in my original thread that I installed a handy USB outlet in the panel. It's the Blue Sea Systems switch panel mount dual USB charger which I also found on Amazon. It fits perfect in the Apollointech A-Pillar panel and hooked up easy to the Apollointech wiring harness.

Blue Sea Systems Dual USB Charger Switch Mount, 12/24V DC, Black 1039 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R9X78ME..._58mmzbGRW5QQZ

Quick Reply: Apollointech, KC Daylighters G6 Gravity LED Spotlight, RealWheels Pre-Runner Bar