Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Arb deluxe front!!!

Old 07-13-2011, 11:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bkw
Exactly.

I run plastic rollers on my hawse, but would have liked to have the option of running a low profile billet fairlead.

Don't get me wrong, i LOVE my ARB, and I'm sure you will too!
o i know i will. kntr is a good buddy of mine. he lives 10 minutes away from me. i saw his and was in love!
Old 07-13-2011, 02:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ordered my expedition one rear and ARB front bumper from Dave last Friday. Fed ex shipping called today to schedule delivery. Not sure if it's one or both bumpers, I know Dave had the expedition one in stock. Looking forward to getting mine.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:41 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ScottW
Ordered my expedition one rear and ARB front bumper from Dave last Friday. Fed ex shipping called today to schedule delivery. Not sure if it's one or both bumpers, I know Dave had the expedition one in stock. Looking forward to getting mine.
It wouldn't be both. Exp one is custom made. Takes 3-4 weeks. (from what I've heard) Plus a week for powder coating then shipping. Congrats tho on the arb.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:01 AM
JK Junkie

found fog lights for the holes...my jk didnt come with factory fogs. they wont be here till next week. but the bumper will be here this week. getting it speedlinered next week. then the fogs go in and the bumper goes on. then the piaas then eventually my warn 9.5cti will go in with synthetic viking line
Old 07-15-2011, 03:19 AM
JK Freak

Default Congrats

This is what you can do with it! (winch, lights )
Old 07-15-2011, 04:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sringer
It wouldn't be both. Exp one is custom made. Takes 3-4 weeks. (from what I've heard) Plus a week for powder coating then shipping. Congrats tho on the arb.
It was both, Dave had them both in stock. Got the Expedition one installed last night, ARB goes on this morning.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:50 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ScottW

It was both, Dave had them both in stock. Got the Expedition one installed last night, ARB goes on this morning.
Nice! Glad it was both. Please comment on here about ease of install. Then pics would be awesome!
Old 07-15-2011, 05:51 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Markdsv
This is what you can do with it! (winch, lights )
I'm doing 2 520 Piaa atps then the warn 9.5cti
Old 07-15-2011, 06:31 AM
JK Freak

Default ARB install

Hi, looks like you will have a great package as well. The ARB fr bumper is easy to install, I didn't bother with the crush cans, if you do it will make the install slightly more complicated.

However the rear is slightly more work, there are special steel inserts/templates for inside the chassis, rather fiddly though, the inserts will give you the strength you need. Don't leave them out, and if your garage/dealer installs the bumpers make sure they use them. The rear bumper height is also something you have to judge, I found the gap resting the top of the bumper on the chassis too big, so I had to adjust the holes slightly. OK maybe I don't sound very clear but as soon as you start installing the bumpers you will get my drift.

Again, apart from the front being rather a heavy bumpers (ask a friend) it is easy install, the rear is slightly more difficult. Did you go for rock sliders? the latter will finish your Jeep nicely, enjoy !!!

As you can see the ARB bumpers were one of my first upgrades, my local garage installed them, I had to reinstall the rear bumper though as they 'forgot' the inserts and the bumper started sagging, with inserts the bumpers are rock solid

Cheers,

Mark
Old 07-15-2011, 07:05 AM
bkw
JK Freak

Installed my ARB bumper in less than an hour by myself. The hardest part was trying to figure out how to lift it by myself, then just went at it. I used a home depot orange bucket to get the bumper close to the holes then lifted and hand tightened one screw on each side to get it to sit right.

The only thing I can't remember is if I had pre-installed the winch or not on this bumper. I've been through a few bumpers already and can't remember, but don't think I had to due to the easy of accessing the mounting bolts under the ARB.

Hopefully someone will chime in on that here.

Quick Reply: Arb deluxe front!!!