Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Arb deluxe front!!!

Old 09-19-2011, 06:12 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JFDATLAW
I'm going to answer my own question for others who might have this issue. Here is what I got back from ARB:

"The lights are designed to be turn signals, if wired as a running light it will cause the lenses to melt. If you want to keep them wired this way you should find an 1156 bayonet style LED conversion bulb which should be available at most autoparts stores."

Hope that helps.
Good to know!
Old 09-19-2011, 06:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Also, if you are going to replace the 1156 bulb with an LED, you need a bulb that discharges on all sides rather than the ones that just shine out the front as the bulbs you find at your local auto parts store. The existing bulb is sideways in the bumper so you need an LED that has lights on all sides. Those are available online from a variety of web sites. I haven't received mine yet but I'm assuming the different bulb will solve the problem.

Last edited by JFDATLAW; 09-19-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Someone has written that if you use the orange lights in the bumper as running lights then they will melt the lens. Has anyone had this experience? Can the bulb be replaced with a smaller one that won't do that? I like the look of the lights as running lights as opposed to turn signals but don't want to melt anything.
Yes, I used mine as running lights & they began to melt. I contacted arb & they said they were intended to be turn signals. They sent a new set of covers at no charge & some examples of led lights to use if I'm keeping running lights.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:28 PM
JK Junkie

Also, if you are going to replace the 1156 bulb with an LED, you need a bulb that discharges on all sides rather than the ones that just shine out the front as the bulbs you find at your local auto parts store. The existing bulb is sideways in the bumper so you need an LED that has lights on all sides. Those are available online from a variety of web sites. I haven't received mine yet but I'm assuming the different bulb will solve the problem.
Good luck
Old 09-19-2011, 11:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

What's this bad boy weigh in at?
Old 09-20-2011, 12:14 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by BOOST
What's this bad boy weigh in at?
Easily under 100. I'd say under 80 even. I could lift it by myself easily, no problem
Old 09-20-2011, 04:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default About the crush cans....

Does NOT installing them impair the operation of the airbags in anyway ?

Thanks for answering.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by desertbuzz

Thanks for answering.
No, airbags are controlled by a sensor inside interior, crush cans have no use in that regard.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:12 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by desertbuzz

Thanks for answering.
its just one of those things chrysler thought they had to do to make jeeps seem safer....they arnt needed at all.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mine arrived monday (took a week and a day across country, can't beat that for free shipping!) from Northridge (Thanks Dave) and is in a crate at work. Yesterday I went over to see if I could fit it in the back of the JKU. Then I tried to lift an end it to see how heavy it is. I couldn't budge it, not even slide it. Then I realized it was strapped to the pallet, and I was standing on the pallet.

Quick Reply: Arb deluxe front!!!