Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Bad day

Old 07-18-2010, 08:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad day

Had a pretty bad day yesterday in the Jk:

Was at a stop light and got rear ended. The kid who hit me(silver car) was going around 50 mph. Hit me and I hit the car in front of me(minivan) which hit another car in front of it. The jk stood up pretty well. Front has hardly any damage other than the bumper. The trunk on the other hand which doesn't look too bad is pretty bad. Buckled up, rear swing gate barely opens, neither back doors will close, bumper cracked, rear axle looks pretty bad, Large hole by the gas cap. Not sure whether they are going to say its totaled or not will find out tomorrow. Looks pretty bad underneath though.

Only 3,000 miles on the JK too. Going to be getting another soon.

Everybody in the accident was ok, I have some minor injuries. I bent the steering wheel with my forehead and messed up my left knee and calf pretty bad, driver of the silver car was fine but had some burns on his chest from the airbag(he wasn't wearing a shirt). Girl in the minivan was ok as well but just really freaked out. I'm just glad no one got seriously injured.

Last edited by dizk; 07-18-2010 at 08:13 AM.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:19 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Glad everyone is okay. Every time I hear of some rear-ending accident like this, I have to wonder if the driver causing the accident was on a cell phone. I believe people are way too over-confident in their ability to control their car when on the phone. I was nearly run over in a parking lot by a lady on a cell phone, cutting diagonally across the parking stripes--she had no idea there were two people walking along those lines in the parking lot--not even after barely missing both of us.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear you are ok, you don't see to many jk's in accidents but those that have been posted for the most part appear to fair reasonably well at least for the occupants. Not to worry if they total it they are making new ones every day.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:29 AM
JK Super Freak

damn man, that sux, but glad everybody is ok. the jeep held up good. sounds like it may be totaled out to me though, but keep us posted and post pics of the under carriage carnage soon.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:41 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ugh.....glad you are ok. Getting rear ended is downright F'ing scary. Did you see him coming, or was it a surprise?

I got rear ended almost 10 years ago by a police officer in an unmarked Ford Taurus. I still remember it like it was yesterday. A whole line of traffic slammed on their brakes due to some ducks/geese crossing the highway. Van in front of me got stopped, I got stopped, then I looked in my rear view mirror and saw the front end of the Taurus diving. I just told my buddy......."Oh shit! Hold on!". They hit me doing about 35-40mph and pushed me into the mini-van in front of me. Ended up doing about $8500 worth of damage (mostly front end) to my then 3 year old Isuzu. They hit low under the bumper, but hard enough that they lifted the back of my Rodeo a good foot+ in the air. Everyone was ok, but I was pretty shaken up at the time.

Once again.....glad everyone is OK. Hope the guy has decent insurance.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Glad everyone is okay. Every time I hear of some rear-ending accident like this, I have to wonder if the driver causing the accident was on a cell phone. I believe people are way too over-confident in their ability to control their car when on the phone. I was nearly run over in a parking lot by a lady on a cell phone, cutting diagonally across the parking stripes--she had no idea there were two people walking along those lines in the parking lot--not even after barely missing both of us.
Yeah some people cant multitask at all but still decide using their phone is a great idea while driving. The kid who hit me said he wasn't on his phone or anything so I'm not sure why he didnt stop.

Mariner

Glad to hear you are ok, you don't see to many jk's in accidents but those that have been posted for the most part appear to fair reasonably well at least for the occupants. Not to worry if they total it they are making new ones every day.
Yeah from what I've seen they hold up pretty well, like i said my front end had hardly any damage other than the bumper and as you can see I did a nice number on the mini van there.

GoodysGotaCuda
dang, sucks to see that. Were you wearing your seatbelt and still hit the steering wheel?

He must have been hauling ass for two other cars to hit as well! I feel bad for the person in front of me if that ever happens. My stinger is about 4 1/2 feet off the ground
Yes we were all wearing our seatbelts, Yeah I was planning on a new front bumper and some more upgrades. Now im glad I didnt pull the trigger even though I just added a light bar not more than 3 days ago.

damn man, that sux, but glad everybody is ok. the jeep held up good. sounds like it may be totaled out to me though, but keep us posted and post pics of the under carriage carnage soon.
Yeah it didnt look too bad, but not sure of the complete damage. I will have more pics later today or tomorrow.

OoPEZoO

ugh.....glad you are ok. Getting rear ended is downright F'ing scary. Did you see him coming, or was it a surprise?

I got rear ended almost 10 years ago by a police officer in an unmarked Ford Taurus. I still remember it like it was yesterday. A whole line of traffic slammed on their brakes due to some ducks/geese crossing the highway. Van in front of me got stopped, I got stopped, then I looked in my rear view mirror and saw the front end of the Taurus diving. I just told my buddy......."Oh shit! Hold on!". They hit me doing about 35-40mph and pushed me into the mini-van in front of me. Ended up doing about $8500 worth of damage (mostly front end) to my then 3 year old Isuzu. They hit low under the bumper, but hard enough that they lifted the back of my Rodeo a good foot+ in the air. Everyone was ok, but I was pretty shaken up at the time.

Once again.....glad everyone is OK. Hope the guy has decent insurance.
Yea thats what i was worried about that everyone was ok. I looked over into the silver car and couldnt see inside but could see how bad the damage was on the outside so I called 911 right away. I had seen a large red truck coming up and thought he was gonna hit us but he went into the other lane (2 lane in 1 direction road) and then the silver car was right behind him. Hit about 1 second after seeing him. Didnt have time to do anything basically.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

JK=1
Focus = 0
glad everyone was ok
Old 07-18-2010, 09:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

that is how i lost my last jeep
Old 07-18-2010, 10:43 AM
JK Super Freak

wow.. glad your ok bro. i bet the kid in the silver car was texting and driving...
Old 07-18-2010, 10:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

me too... but the guy was drunk...

Quick Reply: Bad day