Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Bestop soft half doors pic request

Old 09-26-2011, 09:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I only have pic with half doors on, but have the tops also.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep4.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	216075  
Old 10-19-2011, 06:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Are those (soft doors) doors quiet? Or noisy?
Old 10-19-2011, 07:23 AM
JK Freak

I bought these for my two door. Now that I have a four door I am short two.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1062488...97096728082530

https://picasaweb.google.com/1062488...97142147824914

With the top down I feel they do not contribute significantly to noise. No different than having the windows down on a solid door or no door. If you have the the Jeep closed up then there is more wind noise. I would not consider the vehicle "closed". You get a breeze when large vehicles go by on the highway through the closed door.

They need some adjustment when new. The top part has three rods that insert into tubes on the bottom part. It is a tight fit for mine and I have adjusted it some but not totally. A loose fit might be bad. Also, the force holding the top of the door against the Jeep (if you have the two piece) is not strong enough to keep the wind from sucking the door out away from the body at highway speeds. To adjust this I opened the door and while standing on the inside side of the door pulled down hard on the top of the door (above the window). This put some curve in the door. Now to close the door I have to pull the top corner out as I close it but it now has enough spring force to combat the wind forces.

If you want to see more detailed pictures I added them to the item on Amazon:
hxxp://www.amazon.com/Bestop-51798-35-Black-Diamond-Front/dp/B001898WRA/ref=cm_aya_orig_subj

Last edited by bstpierre; 10-19-2011 at 07:29 AM.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:36 AM
JK Super Freak

I see. I just youtubed a couple videos and I see what your talking about... I think I'll just stick to factory doors and doorless in the summer. The cost of element doors seems like too much for me, with not much added benefit.

Quick Reply: Bestop soft half doors pic request