Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

On Board Air using Stock A/C compressor???

Old 12-08-2010, 08:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mjolnir
Does anyone have info on what type of oiler and and separator to use? Or even info on any non-york compressors that have been used
sanden a/c compressors can be converted to oba systems, they arnt as good as the YORKS. A quick google search 'sanden oba' will give you a few write ups
Old 12-08-2010, 06:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by badron5
sanden a/c compressors can be converted to oba systems, they arnt as good as the YORKS. A quick google search 'sanden oba' will give you a few write ups
I found a York for cheap so I'm going that route.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nice, could you post a good pic of the brackets you use? Im sitting on a York, but need to figure out brackets for it
Old 12-09-2010, 08:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by badron5
Nice, could you post a good pic of the brackets you use? Im sitting on a York, but need to figure out brackets for it
I'll post what I do, but it's going to take me some time to get it together.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Shoot. I've got an X without a/c so I was thinking about just buying the oem A/C compressor and belt. I'd like to have at least one person try it before I go buy the parts.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by awkragt
Shoot. I've got an X without a/c so I was thinking about just buying the oem A/C compressor and belt. I'd like to have at least one person try it before I go buy the parts.
I picked up my york for $25. You'll have more room without the factory A/C so it should be an easier install.

Then again, you can always be the guinea pig
Old 12-11-2010, 04:06 PM
JK Newbie

the a/c compressor to on board air has been done many many times and it works very well. unfortunatly i cannot post a link cuz it is a competitors forum . go to NAXJA, and do a search there, you will find several write ups on how its done,
Old 03-02-2015, 12:48 PM
JK Newbie

i installed a factory ac compressor on my 2012 in the factory location. worked very well until a faulty oiler seized the pump. i plan on replacing it because it was fast, easy and took up no space. a friend of mine has been using the same setup on his cherokee for almost a year now. i did a ton of research on it and the only bad things i've heard were from people that hadn't done it.

Quick Reply: On Board Air using Stock A/C compressor???