Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

chinese snorkel anyone ?

Old 03-24-2011, 11:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.moparsupercenter.com/mopa...2p5155422.html

307 for the AEV!

The knock off debate will always be around. If everyone keeps buy this crap the companies who spend there money on the R&D will stop making parts.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
My quip wasn't about the snorkel (I have an AEV, but the huge price differential in Europe might swing me to the knock-off as well). Rather, my remark was about the big CRD emblazoned on that one photo.
Just realized it after reading the thread again

Nice engine here oversea but modding here is very difficult..
Old 03-24-2011, 02:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bazillus
230€ incl shipping to my door. Or should I have paid 800€ (w/o shipping AND customs) or more for such a plastic tube?
A friend of mine has bought the AEV, we installed them the same time. He was just like and why he paid this much.
Now two of my wheeling buddies got the chinese one. It's clear which one you take, living in Germany. There ist no way to explain the difference in price. In quality there is none. Or maybe the chinese one ist even better fabricated...

Hey Bazillus, can you get me the adress where you ordered this? I wan't one myself
I live in Belgium, so i think it wil be the same price for me

cheers
Old 03-24-2011, 05:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JeepApex
I still fail to see the intelligence in buying something you KNOW will fail due to cheaper quality.
How do you KNOW it will fail? Are there numerous reports of these failing Chinese snorkels? From the pics, they look like a fair quality. And people who run them seem happy. I don't understand this over the top buy American thing. There's probably more Chinese, Japanese or Korean parts in your Jeep than you think. 5.13 gears are made in Korea for example but I don't hear of Korea bashing. Don't get me wrong, I buy American when I can. But to each their own.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:59 PM
JK Newbie

Default American i think

I always try to buy American if i can, Thats why there are no Jap Crap Vechicles in my drive way, But i dont know what to say when people ask why my American Jeeps windows say "made in mexico" Ya its true go look
Old 03-24-2011, 11:24 PM
JK Newbie

I say it looks good! Thanks for the honest review.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:56 AM
JK Newbie

Did it come with the AEV instruction too?

Originally Posted by sahara-07
hi,
i have the chenes one for 7 since september 2010 and it s still like new and i am very happy with it ..

Old 03-25-2011, 02:43 AM
sky
JK Enthusiast

Just went to check that website and they have wheel spacers. SCARY!!!!!
Old 03-25-2011, 02:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default OK, what am I missing?

I must be missing something here. You can get the AEV for $307. Add about $100 for shipping to Europe you're at $407. Add another 30% of the $407 for taxes and processing fees and you're at $529. Convert that $529 to Euros and you get €373.51

How on earth do you get to €800? If someone in Europe or Germany is asking €800 for one then just import one yourself.

Alternatively, the Safari version is VERY high quality and can be bought here in the UK for £235. That's €267. Add around €30 for shipping to DE and you're at about €300. I have the Safari myself as I prefer the design over the AEV.

I know most people would prefer the Safari or the AEV over the chinese version given the choice and it would seem the price difference is actually quite small..
Old 03-25-2011, 03:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wrangler07
I must be missing something here. You can get the AEV for $307. Add about $100 for shipping to Europe you're at $407. Add another 30% of the $407 for taxes and processing fees and you're at $529. Convert that $529 to Euros and you get €373.51

How on earth do you get to €800? If someone in Europe or Germany is asking €800 for one then just import one yourself.

Alternatively, the Safari version is VERY high quality and can be bought here in the UK for £235. That's €267. Add around €30 for shipping to DE and you're at about €300. I have the Safari myself as I prefer the design over the AEV.

I know most people would prefer the Safari or the AEV over the chinese version given the choice and it would seem the price difference is actually quite small..
Its a "mopar" snorkel, which is more than likely made in the same factory as the "chinese" one and who knows how much shipping is on it...tough decision though, I dont care for the "JK Wrangler" on the side of the ebay one myself which may sway me to try the mopar one in a few months

Quick Reply: chinese snorkel anyone ?