Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

chinese snorkel anyone ?

Old 03-23-2011, 06:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chinese snorkel anyone ?

i was looking for information on the chinese version of the aev snorkel has anyone instaled one? and can you fit aev's dust colector on it ? is it an exact physical aev replica in case it fails and that i decide to get a real one later dont want to buy a new hood ...
Old 03-23-2011, 06:23 PM
JK Super Freak

a snorkel just dosnt seem like the place to buy the chinese knock off version. i would just go with aev - dave @ northridge will set u up with a good deal. plus its nice to have the real thing

....oh yea and if it fails i think you should not worry about the aev as a replacement, i would be more concerned with the new engine you will be needing.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default why?

Why? I mean WHY would you willingly buy a crappy Chinese knock off rather than a quality American made product? To me there's absolutely no justification...

Buy once and cry once with the AEV... that way you have some dignity left over to spare as well.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:24 AM
JK Freak

[QUOTE=JeepApex;2182887]Why? I mean WHY would you willingly buy a crappy Chinese knock off rather than a quality American made product? To me there's absolutely no justification...

Buy once and cry once with the AEV... that way you have some dignity left over to spare as well.[/QUO

Agreed
Old 03-24-2011, 01:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JeepApex
Why? I mean WHY would you willingly buy a crappy Chinese knock off rather than a quality American made product? To me there's absolutely no justification...
Maybe it comes with a fortune cookie.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

LOL ^
Old 03-24-2011, 02:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

230€ incl shipping to my door. Or should I have paid 800€ (w/o shipping AND customs) or more for such a plastic tube?
A friend of mine has bought the AEV, we installed them the same time. He was just like and why he paid this much.
Now two of my wheeling buddies got the chinese one. It's clear which one you take, living in Germany. There ist no way to explain the difference in price. In quality there is none. Or maybe the chinese one ist even better fabricated...

Old 03-24-2011, 03:43 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by bazillus
Oh, that hurts. You're just rubbing it in, huh?
Old 03-24-2011, 03:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just like the AEV...
Clips right into the stock airbox after removing the "factory snorkel" (the small S-plastic tube pointing to the hood)
Sealed everything with black silicone and raised the breathers into the airbox, just under the filter. There is no way getting oil or water in the small diesel-engine
Old 03-24-2011, 03:56 AM
JK Super Freak

If you look for it you can find the lab results where the compared the 2 of them, and the Chinese one is made out of lower quality materials. It'll probably last long enough but it might not be something you really want to push to the limit (like having it be sub-freezing tempatures and hit it with something). But when youre paying $250 shipped versus $800 shipped, its hard not to go the cheaper way. I just hope it doesnt fail on you when you need it.

Quick Reply: chinese snorkel anyone ?