Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Cobeau Seats

Old 09-10-2009, 07:57 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

those are really awesome!!!!
Old 09-21-2009, 04:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did anyone see the other jeep in this post.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's my son's jeep. Daughter has a Pink barbie one and wife drives a Limited Grand Cherokee

Nutin but JEEPS for my family!!!
Old 09-21-2009, 07:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Old 09-21-2009, 07:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by brent_f70
Well mine (08) did not have the little silver boxes just above the slide rails....those silver boxes are weight sensors ( have seen them on an 07) so basically my jeep only knew if someone was in the passenger seat if the buckle was fastend. I tricked the sensors on both seats into thinking the seat belts are always fastend by closing the circut. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! but if you make the sensor think the loop is closed as in this picture...you will NEVER have seatbelt chimes and the airbag will ALWAYS deploy as is the seat is occupied in the event of a crash. Anyway the blue clip in the pic....is all it takes.
thanks i was wondering about this when i put my seats in
Old 01-06-2010, 02:11 PM
JK Newbie

Default bar for attaching 5 point harness

Pls explain the bar for attaching the 5-point harness. Does that come with the harness? If not, where do you get one? How is it attached. If possible, pics and instructions would be great. Thanks for posting this info. BTW, in looking on the Corbeau website it appears that they make brackets to attach their seats to a JK. One last Q - is it the model LG1 seat you put in? If so, regular or wide version? Thanks.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:36 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by drbilldsc@hotmail.com
Pls explain the bar for attaching the 5-point harness. Does that come with the harness? If not, where do you get one? How is it attached. If possible, pics and instructions would be great. Thanks for posting this info. BTW, in looking on the Corbeau website it appears that they make brackets to attach their seats to a JK. One last Q - is it the model LG1 seat you put in? If so, regular or wide version? Thanks.
The bar for the Harnesses did not come with them and you MUST have it for safety reasons if running these harnesses. Mine is custom built with Fab Collars supplied by Rockhard4x4. I had my local 4x4 shop bend the bar and weld it to these collars to make sure the bar was exactly where I wanted it.

I had not seen one in a 2 door so I was not sure how far back their prebuilt bar would allow me to recline...6'2 so I need room....but the rockhard one that I have seen in a 2 door appears to be almost identical in bends to mine so should work fine for most people. This picture is in a 4 door and they mount differently because they have B-pillars instead of a sport bar in this location.

I have the standard LG-1's when I called and gave them the Jeeps measurements they said that the wide ones might be too wide....Probably a good call as you can see there is not much room between the seat and center console.

Last edited by brent_f70; 01-07-2010 at 12:20 AM.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:35 AM
JK Super Freak

those seats are crazy nice. i want them.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:48 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for answering my questions. I am 6'4" and 300 lbs. (that means like 46 inch waist. I notice the Corbeau website says the standard seats like yours are only good up to 38-40 inch waist. What do you think? Are they really that tight? I'm also running 37 inch tires with 4" teraflex suspension. Do you have any trouble getting in and out over those side bolsters? Thanks again for posting pics, info, and installation experience. It's really helpful.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:18 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by drbilldsc@hotmail.com
Thanks for answering my questions. I am 6'4" and 300 lbs. (that means like 46 inch waist. I notice the Corbeau website says the standard seats like yours are only good up to 38-40 inch waist. What do you think? Are they really that tight? I'm also running 37 inch tires with 4" teraflex suspension. Do you have any trouble getting in and out over those side bolsters? Thanks again for posting pics, info, and installation experience. It's really helpful.
I wear a size 36 pants and the seats fit just right ......38 maybe ok but anything bigger and you will not be as comfortable.
If you built your own mounts like I did you could move them around and get them as close as possible to the center console and you should be ok with the larger seats .......but not 100% sure.
I have a 4 inch lift plus ACOS...so somewhere between 5.5 and almost 7 inches over stock height depending on the setting. The rear ACOS are dialed up more than the front ones. I did notice that I was slightly deforming the bolster so I started using the sliders as a step. I am going to put these seats in the rear soon and buy new ones for the front so any slight damage to them will not be noticable soon.
One other thing I will do on my next set for the front is only go with 4 point harnesses. Having the 5th one in the crotch area is fine but there have been occasions when getting out of the jeep that the seam of my jeans catches on the plastic hole guard thing.
I would try to get a pic from above the seats with the door closed but right now I am in Afghanistan so thats a little hard. I go home on R&R within the month and if you still need a pic from that view I can take one.

Quick Reply: Cobeau Seats