Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Custom modular JK hardtop

Old 04-26-2017, 01:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Totally forgot about these in the Excitement of Hardtop Sliders, Flat Fenders, Inside Ammo Can Carriers.
These will be so useful, back-up and Camp lights, my main Interest
Old 04-26-2017, 02:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Four Low
Totally forgot about these in the Excitement of Hardtop Sliders, Flat Fenders, Inside Ammo Can Carriers.
These will be so useful, back-up and Camp lights, my main Interest
Yeah, I've got too much going on. Haven't even posted about all the projects that are underway right now - some I haven't posted about are Jeep projects, but I've also got some home projects going on... for example I just finished building a bedroom furniture set plus built-in bookcases for one of the bedrooms in the house.

Stay tuned, photos of the installed LED brackets to come.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Any late model 2 door owners that want the slider kit contact Retrofitoffroad and let them know you want these.
Old 04-27-2017, 04:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by akpostal
Any late model 2 door owners that want the slider kit contact Retrofitoffroad and let them know you want these.
Done it 2 days ago! I was told possibly by mid-summer. Even offered to pre-pay..reckon they're waiting to see how the JKU's do. I'm really hoping they do this! Est. $399 for the pair, heck Yeah!
Old 04-27-2017, 05:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 2qik2see
Done it 2 days ago! I was told possibly by mid-summer. Even offered to pre-pay..reckon they're waiting to see how the JKU's do. I'm really hoping they do this! Est. $399 for the pair, heck Yeah!
The company told me they shipped the first JKU set yesterday and the buyer posted on another forum that he plans to do the installation this weekend. The company's plans are to see how the 4dr set sells and if it meets their expectations they'll pull the trigger on the late model 2dr next.

I've done most of the engineering for the 2dr retrofit kit so it won't take long to get to production once they decide to go ahead, it's only the lead times of the hardware company and the window company that are on the critical path to market.

This photo shows a prototype 2dr retrofit kit although in this one I've got a cargo hatch installed instead of a slider window.

Old 04-27-2017, 07:54 AM
JK Newbie

Do these have potential to be produced for early model 2 doors as well?
Old 04-27-2017, 08:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by GTJeeper
Do these have potential to be produced for early model 2 doors as well?
Yes. Once the company gets the late model 2dr on the market they'll decide if they should do either of the early models - if they've had a lot of demand for one or the other they'd probably do that one next.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jscherb
Yes. Once the company gets the late model 2dr on the market they'll decide if they should do either of the early models - if they've had a lot of demand for one or the other they'd probably do that one next.
Seems like there'd be a larger demand for the JK over the JKU. I'm really hoping they do produce these for the JK. I've got my money ready! Again jscherb..you've designed an awesome product!
Old 04-27-2017, 04:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 2qik2see
Seems like there'd be a larger demand for the JK over the JKU. I'm really hoping they do produce these for the JK. I've got my money ready! Again jscherb..you've designed an awesome product!
Thank you very much. I'm very pleased with the end result - the sliders work great, they look good, the install is easy enough for most DIY-ers, and the kit is very affordable. Let's hope the JKU version meets the expectations of the company so we can go on to the 2dr and earlier models.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jscherb
Thank you very much. I'm very pleased with the end result - the sliders work great, they look good, the install is easy enough for most DIY-ers, and the kit is very affordable. Let's hope the JKU version meets the expectations of the company so we can go on to the 2dr and earlier models.
Absolutely!

Quick Reply: Custom modular JK hardtop