Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Custom modular JK hardtop

Old 04-24-2018, 06:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Turn signals installed and working.

Old 04-24-2018, 12:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Amazing as always. I'm gonna end up driving a Jscherb branded Jeep after all is said and done.
Old 04-24-2018, 12:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It seems like there might be a lot more air flow with this grill, considering the width of the slats pushing into the headlight buckets, and the height going up where the Jeep logo would sit. I may need one of these just for the cooling gains!
Old 04-24-2018, 01:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Erok
It seems like there might be a lot more air flow with this grill, considering the width of the slats pushing into the headlight buckets, and the height going up where the Jeep logo would sit. I may need one of these just for the cooling gains!
There are definitely more square inches of slots in this grill vs. the factory JK grille. I have no idea whether that would translate into better cooling or not.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:58 AM
JK Super Freak

This morning I installed mesh behind the slots.

This completes the construction phase of the project, next is paint prep and paint.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:00 AM
JK Super Freak

A few more shots before I pull it off and start the paint prep.

Old 04-25-2018, 10:00 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 120 Likes on 106 Posts

Yep. I love it. I think it will give a much better impression of the improvement with paint. How does this feel next to the stock grill? I imagine the fiberglass is more rigid than the plastic. I see you have it snapped in at the top edge with the stock fasteners, what's your plan with the snap-in clips at the bottom and edges? Or will you just find a convenient place to fasten with some new brackets? I'm sorely tempted to photoshop this onto a shot of my jeep to see what it would look like..
Old 04-25-2018, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 120 Likes on 106 Posts

I couldn't help myself. My apologies for the quality but I don't have any editing software on this computer so I downloaded GIMP which I've never used before and I didn't want to spend too much time, etc...

The original for comparison:

I like the wider, taller slats. I also prefer the inboard turn signals. I know I'm missing a lot of contrast here but I think the bend in the grill will be awesome too.Nice work!
Old 04-25-2018, 11:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by icrashbikes
Yep. I love it. I think it will give a much better impression of the improvement with paint. How does this feel next to the stock grill? I imagine the fiberglass is more rigid than the plastic. I see you have it snapped in at the top edge with the stock fasteners, what's your plan with the snap-in clips at the bottom and edges? Or will you just find a convenient place to fasten with some new brackets? I'm sorely tempted to photoshop this onto a shot of my jeep to see what it would look like..
Being fiberglass, the new grille is much more rigid than the factory plastic grille. I eliminated the clips on the bottom in favor of two screws - being much more rigid, the new grille doesn't need as much support on the bottom as the factor grille does. The screws are visible just below the turn signals; when the grille is painted they'll hardly be noticeable.

Originally Posted by icrashbikes
I couldn't help myself. My apologies for the quality but I don't have any editing software on this computer so I downloaded GIMP which I've never used before and I didn't want to spend too much time, etc...

I like the wider, taller slats. I also prefer the inboard turn signals. I know I'm missing a lot of contrast here but I think the bend in the grill will be awesome too.Nice work!
Nice job. The only thing that's not quite right is the height of the slots - your slots are slightly too short. The tops of the slots should be even with the tops of the headlight buckets. Other than that one small detail, it looks great! Oh, and you need real flat fenders like the ones on my Jeep .

Here's a photo edit I did for someone the other day... he put DRLs in the fenders and he's got turn signals in his headlights so he didn't need turn signals in the grille.

Old 04-25-2018, 01:38 PM
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Looks dope!

Quick Reply: Custom modular JK hardtop