Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Custom rock-rings.. wutcha think?

Old 05-30-2011, 12:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 8179s as well.I had the procomp ring that I powdercoated red, but they got trashed this weekend and I had to remove them to air back up. Looks awsome.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:09 AM
JK Newbie

out of curiosity.. how much did you pay to have those rings made? that was my exact idea last year, but i couldnt find anybody to do it. the one shop that could do it, wanted 300 dollars to do it. they said it'd take 3 hours to make the program, set up the water jet, etc. i toyed with the idea of getting some aluminum and cutting them out myself but after some research i figured out it'd be pretty much impossible/and or look ghetto as hell. did you see my thread last year and use the idea from there? lol.. thats cool if so, i'm envious you actually found somebody to do it!
Old 06-20-2011, 10:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Those are ba my friend. You probably saved loads just having someone cut them for you. They almost look as good as my spyderlocks. Not bad at all
Old 06-22-2011, 11:42 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Don1
out of curiosity.. how much did you pay to have those rings made? that was my exact idea last year, but i couldnt find anybody to do it. the one shop that could do it, wanted 300 dollars to do it. they said it'd take 3 hours to make the program, set up the water jet, etc. i toyed with the idea of getting some aluminum and cutting them out myself but after some research i figured out it'd be pretty much impossible/and or look ghetto as hell. did you see my thread last year and use the idea from there? lol.. thats cool if so, i'm envious you actually found somebody to do it!
i did end up paying around $300 to have these made, but i new the guy and he let me "lay away" the rings so i can pay him in payments with my E-3 paychecks,

these were just an idea i had when i saw procomp 8179 rockrings they sell seperatly. i figured if you can put those on.. you can put any design you want, i love how the spyderlocks look but theres no way i can afford them..

Quick Reply: Custom rock-rings.. wutcha think?