Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Dent help!

Old 08-02-2019, 08:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dent help!

I bought a used 13' JKU, that came with a hard top and soft top, at the dealer it had the hard top installed and i noticed there was a scratch on the rear quarter panel, but after getting the jeep home and i took the top off I see that there is a BIG dent on the tub rail that the hard top bolts to. Now my 2 questions are do they make any kind of armor that can cover this up? And do you think this will affect being able to use the soft top?
Old 08-02-2019, 09:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I personally would think it may affect the soft top window on that side from being able to seat under that rail, but that's something you won't know until you try.
Old 08-03-2019, 03:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

If you take. Your time, I think that will come out. Pry par and rubber mallet
Old 08-03-2019, 03:29 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by LC Boyer
If you take. Your time, I think that will come out. Pry par and rubber mallet
That's what Im hoping for. I can deal with ugly cosmetics, as long as I get it functional.
Old 08-03-2019, 03:31 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,597 Posts

I'd be pissed and bitching to the dealer about that, not that it would make a difference, BUT, maybe they could help get you a break on a paintless dent repair or something. Dealerships often have relationships with PDR guys. And, PDR is what I'd be doing if it were my jeep. They should be able to fix that pretty easy (i'd think) given they have easy access to the area.

Hard to tell in the pic, but I don't think it looks so bad to interfere with the soft top window being clipped in, but as pointed out, won't know till you try.
Old 08-05-2019, 08:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKdAN445
That's what Im hoping for. I can deal with ugly cosmetics, as long as I get it functional.
How did it turn out?
Old 08-05-2019, 10:13 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by LC Boyer
How did it turn out?
The soft top windows are able to fit, but im waiting for the dealer to call me back and see if they are going to offer any help, but im not holding my breath on that.
Old 08-05-2019, 12:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

The soft top windows are able to fit, but im waiting for the dealer to call me back and see if they are going to offer any help, but im not holding my breath on that.
Good luck! Windows fit without leaking?
Old 08-09-2019, 05:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I would call a lawyer, this seems like a scam to me.
Old 08-09-2019, 05:49 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,597 Posts

Originally Posted by horrocks007
I would call a lawyer, this seems like a scam to me.
I can see a dealer taking a vehicle in and never even knowing that was there if hard top was plopped on. They're not removing hard tops and playing around with the vehicle. Clean it up, roll it out on the lot, move it on to next owner. I think it's most likely an innocent, unfortunate discovery.

Quick Reply: Dent help!