Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Dent help!

Old 08-09-2019, 06:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
I can see a dealer taking a vehicle in and never even knowing that was there if hard top was plopped on. They're not removing hard tops and playing around with the vehicle. Clean it up, roll it out on the lot, move it on to next owner. I think it's most likely an innocent, unfortunate discovery.
This is exactly what happened, they never took the top off. Unfortunately all they did was recommend a body shop. Untill I have the dough to fix it, im going to just get a tonneau cover to hide it when the top is off
Old 08-09-2019, 06:44 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,597 Posts

I wonder......if you put a piece of flatstock on the underside of the tub rail, and a piece of flatstock on the top of the tub rail...and you used a C-clamp to tighten things up, if it would help pull the dent on top out a bit. That may or may not improve the part where the rim curves over. Just a thought.

(you'd need to remove the threaded sliders on the underside of the tub rail or slide em out of the way first obviously)

Quick Reply: Dent help!