Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Dogz without Doorz

Old 07-04-2011, 07:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dogz without Doorz

we hook Jake's leash around the back rollbar at just the right length so he can't fall or jump out when we don't have the doors on, he likes the freedom to move around and can even get to the back and stick his head out.

Old 07-04-2011, 07:25 PM
JK Jedi

we use a seatbelt harness made for dogs. it is a chest harnees that allows for the factory seatbelt to hold them in and it gives them a little freedom but keeps them in the Jeep and safe. cool picture BTW
Old 07-04-2011, 07:33 PM
JK Super Freak

I agree a seatbelt system would be safer for the little guy when your wheeling alone
Old 07-05-2011, 03:36 AM
JK Newbie

We Just bought the Kong harnesses for our 2 and they have a seat-belt attachment. Its alot better than wrapping leashes around the rollbars.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

He looks like he enjoys it as much as my two!

My Lab;

My Shepherd mix:
Old 07-05-2011, 03:16 PM
JK Newbie

Cool! I didn't even know something like that was available.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

my 100lb Pit loves doors off. he's been sitting in chairs since he was a wee little pup and the front seat is no different. didn't take much to train him to it.

harness him up and he's ready to go! i use the strap to the roll bar method but i have a real short lead. it's just barely enough for him to lay down in the seat.

we get a lot of strange looks in the city... i guess most people just leave their dogs at home, sad. he's recently started putting one paw on the oh-shit bar. it's funny as can be with my one hand on the wheel and his paw on the bar... watching people stare makes me laugh.

no pics of the dog in the jeep, i'll see what i can do tomorrow.

dog when he was still young.... and smaller
Old 07-08-2011, 09:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by huntrz
we hook Jake's leash around the back rollbar at just the right length so he can't fall or jump out when we don't have the doors on, he likes the freedom to move around and can even get to the back and stick his head out.

How do you like the Spiderwebshade? Mine is amazing!

I'm picking up a french bulldog pup in a few days and it's nice to see some ideas from you all! Keep posting pics!

Quick Reply: Dogz without Doorz