Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Driving Videos JW Speaker 8700 Evolution 2

Old 04-14-2015, 08:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driving Videos JW Speaker 8700 Evolution 2

For anyone interested in the new JW Speaker Evolution 2's I did a couple of quick driving videos with them on my JKU.

They are just simple videos of what I wanted to see before investing in a set of them myself. I have the ones with DRL (Daytime Running Lights) as DRL is required in Canada. I couldn't really get a video of the DRL in action as they only come on when it's in gear and I was alone but the use the high beam light with the brightness cut down some.

I've had them about a month now and couldn't be happier with them. They are amazingly bright but have a very good cut off line so they don't blind people. I haven't been flashed by any other vehicles yet either and I do live in the Vancouver area where people wouldn't be shy to flash if they were the slightest bit inconvenienced.

I also have the JW Speaker harness with mine and do not have any flickering issues.

They also come with an added bonus of being able to send out the bat signal to Batman as was pointed out on another thread. See photo.

YouTube links:
http://youtu.be/iZKu94_IJwk http://youtu.be/eT9180xaPao
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-584889602.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	606404  
Old 04-15-2015, 07:02 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks good.
Old 05-04-2015, 10:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If anyone is considering these lights, JW Speaker has a new Evolution J Model listed on their website that is expected out soon and will not require the anti flicker harness.

And I just had a look at their off road lighting catalog and want to order everything in it.

Quick Reply: Driving Videos JW Speaker 8700 Evolution 2