Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!!

Old 09-18-2012, 01:16 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by CMAN31
I was hoping that someone in this thread might beable to answer my question. I have a 08jk with HD OME springs but with the smittybilt xrc rear bumper and tire carrier, i have a really bad rear rake now and can't put anything in the cargo area that has any weight to it. so with all the weight that these rigs carry there must be a solution that i'm missing and thank you in advance.
I have a TF 2-1/2" coil lift. When I run in expedition mode (hardtop with MBRP rack, fully-loaded down, etc), I find it necessary to replace the rear springs with the OME HD springs and leave the TF springs. So, whenever I put the hardtop on I have the OME springs in the rear, softtop/no top/safari top I have the TF springs all around. This works well for me. So, your answer could also be to put TF springs up front. It's really a bit of a guessing game. Air bags allow the greatest flexibility, but I've heard of folks having failures at inconvenient times.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
I have a TF 2-1/2" coil lift. When I run in expedition mode (hardtop with MBRP rack, fully-loaded down, etc), I find it necessary to replace the rear springs with the OME HD springs and leave the TF springs. So, whenever I put the hardtop on I have the OME springs in the rear, softtop/no top/safari top I have the TF springs all around. This works well for me. So, your answer could also be to put TF springs up front. It's really a bit of a guessing game. Air bags allow the greatest flexibility, but I've heard of folks having failures at inconvenient times.
Guess I will be the guinea pig for the air bag test. ha ha...tow behind camper will test them pretty good I figure..

as for the bumpers, Im modifying my stockers to accept a winch in front, and LED reverse lights flush mounted in the rear. My stock spare is fine back there.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was checking into Air Lift airbags (800 248 0892). Call to order. If your springs are the same diameter as stock, then it will be 4.3 inches. Measure the length from the top of frame to bottom inside your spring. Subtract 1/2-1" and order that airbag. Its what I plan to do soon. They run less than $100. Let me know how it goes.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:01 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

im still on my stock springs. Lift spacers in so I think the dimesions for stock are the same for mine!
Old 09-18-2012, 03:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had Air Lift on my Cherokee. They helped alot with heavy loads and towing. When I wasn't hauling anything I'd just keep about 15-20 lbs. in them.

I bought the load controller compreesor set up for it but I never did install it. I just adjusted them manually. Still have it sitting in the basement...
Old 09-21-2012, 05:37 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mrlisk

Only major downfall of the Kindles are that they lack GPS. Other than that they are sweet devices.
I just read a tear down article last night on the Kindle Fire Hd, and it apparently does have a GPS in it. I just wanted to pass the info along.

Edit: Here's the bullet point for the GPS hardware:

"Broadcom BCM2076 Multifunction Monolithic IC with GPS and GLONASS AGPS, Bluetooth 4.0, and FM Receiver/Transmitter"
Old 09-21-2012, 07:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kleinrider
I just read a tear down article last night on the Kindle Fire Hd, and it apparently does have a GPS in it. I just wanted to pass the info along.

Edit: Here's the bullet point for the GPS hardware:

"Broadcom BCM2076 Multifunction Monolithic IC with GPS and GLONASS AGPS, Bluetooth 4.0, and FM Receiver/Transmitter"
No kidding! That's great stuff. They didn't even mention it being there at the announcement.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:35 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Give me three days in the wilderness over playing on the rocks for a few hours any week of the year ...
Love that tail gate setup! I still need my cargo racks for my tire gate and some mole panels but I'm good to go on any long trip!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120921_113504.jpg
Views:	804
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	368887

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120921_113442.jpg
Views:	751
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	368886
Old 09-21-2012, 08:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default South Texas Overland!!!

Okay- I am in Houston, and up for ANYTHING Overland style... I am somewhat equipped (lift, winch snorkel, lighting, Hi lift, straps) and VERY eager to learn. I have an awesome copilot just learning to spot, FWIW.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:35 AM
JK Super Freak

I need to see more pics and videos!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!!