Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!!

Old 07-27-2011, 05:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Voodoo11

who makes these airbags and has WOL done a write up on them?
On project jk website there is a write up. Under write ups, steering and suspension, scroll down to air lift 1000 springs. Its an old one from 2007.
Air lift and firestone I believe make them. I've considered this setup but have also heard of issues with the setup. Haven't decided whether to buy them or not.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JeepinJer
On project jk website there is a write up. Under write ups, steering and suspension, scroll down to air lift 1000 springs. Its an old one from 2007.
Air lift and firestone I believe make them. I've considered this setup but have also heard of issues with the setup. Haven't decided whether to buy them or not.
do you know it the air bags work on lifted JK around 4inch? i've been looking into them and they look awesome and easy to do for quite cheep its like 85 bucks for front or rear and it would be awesome to have if it would work on a lifted rig
Old 07-27-2011, 06:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SIDsjeep
do you know it the air bags work on lifted JK around 4inch? i've been looking into them and they look awesome and easy to do for quite cheep its like 85 bucks for front or rear and it would be awesome to have if it would work on a lifted rig
As I understand it, you can order the airbags in different lengths to account for spring size.. I've seen a kit for the back suspension for I believe $160... so it's probably cheap enough to experiment with.... but I'd be interested to hear about any down sides associated with them!
Old 07-27-2011, 08:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SIDsjeep

I don't know about using them with lifts. You can always call for some more technical details and help finding the correct part numbers.
I know I can't use them because I have a TF BB and in the rear there are spring retainers in the way. I think as far as the front goes, you can't use them because of the bumpstops.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by coastie kyle

Camping setup:

beach mode:
I love that roof tent. fyi not sure if you got the invite for CG DAY @ CANAVERAL SAT AUG 06 @ 11:00 UD is casual.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:45 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Last week in TN ...
Do you have a flat screen in the back of that JK?

Sweet set up
Old 07-29-2011, 03:44 PM
JK Newbie

Default Up near forks Wa

Old 07-30-2011, 04:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 56willyswagon
I'd do it all again tomorrow if I didn't have to go back to work.
Next time I do it I'll leave the kids home.

There was lots to see.

Hoodoos in the Drumheller Badlands

Beautiful Lakes

All sort of wildlife

And of course great back drops for the Jeep

Awesome!! a pic taken at the arctic circle and everyone is either in flip flops or shorts!! Hardcore!!
Old 08-02-2011, 07:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here is a pic of my setup as I prepared for a 4500 mile trip last year with the family out to the Grand Canyon and many points in between.

Old 08-02-2011, 07:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Tight_wad
Here is a pic of my setup as I prepared for a 4500 mile trip last year with the family out to the Grand Canyon and many points in between.

Nice trailer. Is that a custom built one?

Quick Reply: Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!!