Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!!

Old 10-27-2013, 01:13 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Ting1028
A while back it was posted how to use you nexus 7 as a gps. I was wondering if someone would mind explaining again about the software. Thanks

BDS 2" suspension w/ Fox 2.0 shocks, MT classic 17 w/ 33" cooper discoveries, KC windshield lights,
I use four apps primarily, and have set up the dock with shortcuts for each one.

Mort Music Player for tunes.

Copilot GPS for road navigation (though they just screwed their premium version customers yesterday with an update, deleting Google text-to-speech and replacing it with a robotic sounding TTS engine behind a $3.00 paywall!).

Torque Pro for monitoring vehicle performance.

Backcountry Navigator Pro for topo mapping, wilderness route planning, guidance and recording.

Here's a video of my install. The sound quality gets pretty poor partway through, but the beginning explains the actual install. If you visit the YouTube page, there are links to a list of parts I used.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6UolIlksZs
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nexus 7, Jan 13, 0585, MortPlayer Music.jpg
Views:	2072
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	508321   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nexus 7, Jan 13, 0586, GPS Copilot Pro.jpg
Views:	3766
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	508322   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nexus 7 Jeep Display, Sep 13, 9860, Torque Pro.jpg
Views:	2975
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	508323   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nexus 7, Jan 13, 0587. Backcountry Pro.jpg
Views:	3676
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	508324  
Old 10-27-2013, 01:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you again. I will be working on that shortly.

BDS 2" suspension w/ Fox 2.0 shocks, MT classic 17 w/ 33" cooper discoveries, KC windshield lights,
Old 10-27-2013, 07:11 AM
JK Junkie

If you look around on the web then you can find the backcountry navigator for free! I just downloaded it last night.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 4
Old 10-27-2013, 08:31 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by karls
If you look around on the web then you can find the backcountry navigator for free! I just downloaded it last night.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 4
There is a free (non-Pro) version and a paid version of BCN. Not certain if you mean the paid version is out there for free. Regardless, I'm not even certain there's a whole lot of difference between the two (unlike Copilot GPS, where the non-paid version sucks a little because it doesn't have TTS, and now the paid version sucks because it DOESN'T include TTS--that was the only reason I paid for it in the first place and then they removed it!!!).
Old 10-27-2013, 09:48 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by karls
Those are limb risers, they are supposed to direct tree branches away from the windshield and over the jeep.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
Ah, makes sense! I have never seen those before! Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 10-27-2013, 09:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
I use four apps primarily, and have set up the dock with shortcuts for each one.
Hi Mark,
Did you have a chance to play with the GoPro App and connect the tablet to your GoPro camera? If so, what do you think?
I don't have a GoPro camera yet, but is thinking about getting one.. Do you recommend it or is there something better out on the market at the roughly same price?
Old 10-27-2013, 10:22 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by Cool Danish

Hi Mark,
Did you have a chance to play with the GoPro App and connect the tablet to your GoPro camera? If so, what do you think?
I don't have a GoPro camera yet, but is thinking about getting one.. Do you recommend it or is there something better out on the market at the roughly same price?
I've not had a lot of luck with the GoPro apps. Ended up getting LCD Backpacks and not using the apps. Not as convenient, but a lot more reliable control.
Old 10-27-2013, 10:58 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
There is a free (non-Pro) version and a paid version of BCN. Not certain if you mean the paid version is out there for free. Regardless, I'm not even certain there's a whole lot of difference between the two (unlike Copilot GPS, where the non-paid version sucks a little because it doesn't have TTS, and now the paid version sucks because it DOESN'T include TTS--that was the only reason I paid for it in the first place and then they removed it!!!).
It's the pro version for free, I'll be checking out the Co-pilot soon.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
Old 10-27-2013, 11:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jurassic JK

Made a run up to Mt Bachelor today.

Old 10-27-2013, 02:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by skibovr6
Made a run up to Mt Bachelor today.
Nice set up. The more I have sahara tan and see it the more I love it.

Quick Reply: Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!!