Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!!

Old 02-24-2016, 01:48 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Posted this in forum support. Please go add any material you think might prove useful. Meanwhile, I'll be sure to reduce image sizes before sharing. Let me know if too large or small or just right. ;-)

---------------------------

I'm being told that images I share on the forum have started appearing too large, necessitating sideways scrolling. Often the images are too large to be seen in whole on rather large displays. I did not see this problem in Google Chrome. The images resize nicely as I widen the browser. But I can see it in Internet Explorer.

I'm told it is only my images, but if I link another forum member's image (in a quote for example), then that image will be oversized. I usually share images by URL, not by attachment. You may see a slew of my posts in the Expedition Modded JKs thread--look at recent posts. Would appreciate your thoughts and ideas.

Thanks!
Old 02-24-2016, 02:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
It was mentioned earlier that this began a couple months ago. Is that correct, or has this been going on for a year and a half? I am baffeled.
If the site isn't auto sizing images, then it's possible that it's being retroactively applied? Not sure. I saw some of the old ones that you attached were fine, while others that just had links were big. I always just link images as well - however I link them from FB, which also auto sizes them, which means I don't have to worry about it.
Old 02-24-2016, 03:18 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Septu

If the site isn't auto sizing images, then it's possible that it's being retroactively applied? Not sure. I saw some of the old ones that you attached were fine, while others that just had links were big. I always just link images as well - however I link them from FB, which also auto sizes them, which means I don't have to worry about it.
Well, most of my images are either linked from FB, or from attachments here on JKF. Did you see that Ronjenx says he is seeing this problem on other forums? I don't post to other Jeep forums--JKF is plenty enough, LOL.
Old 02-24-2016, 03:56 PM
JK Freak

Mark, I don't know if you saw my post, but it isn't only your pictures. It is anyone with large high res pics that links pic versus attaches. Also this is a computer issue. This is not an issue on the app. I do not know if this is an issue on a phone/tablet via web browsing.
Old 02-24-2016, 04:01 PM
JK Newbie

Default Ads

Speaking of browsers... anyone see an excessive amounts of ads on the forums lately? I get lost in some of the posts and distracted by Valvoline Synthetic advertisments...
Old 02-24-2016, 04:02 PM
JK Freak

visiting on a phone via webpage does auto resize images.
Old 02-24-2016, 04:04 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by CharlieInTheTree
Speaking of browsers... anyone see an excessive amounts of ads on the forums lately? I get lost in some of the posts and distracted by Valvoline Synthetic advertisments...
nope. There are a lot of ads if you're not logged in. If you're logged in there is only an ad at top

I have that issue with other jeep forums and why I don't visit them much.
Old 02-24-2016, 04:13 PM
JK Freak

Lol. I was just on one, catching up on it as I am never there and hate all the ads. Makes me wonder if someone was hurting for the cash if you know who I mean. Lol
Old 02-24-2016, 04:25 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Xodius
Lol. I was just on one, catching up on it as I am never there and hate all the ads. Makes me wonder if someone was hurting for the cash if you know who I mean. Lol
Yep we are referring to the same site.
Old 02-25-2016, 03:00 PM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Ahhhhhh I love internet explorer, I have ALL add blocking On....I see NONE....I don't know why it gets a bad rap, its faster than the others, I have ZERO ads, no issues at all.

Quick Reply: Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!!