Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Fabtech Front 5" Coilover Conversion Kit

Old 01-02-2009, 05:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fabtech Front 5" Coilover Conversion Kit

Any one installed them?
I am very close to have them ordered and putting it n the JEEP and I want to know if any one has any feedback on them

Old 01-02-2009, 06:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are better off getting the Rock Krawler coil conversion or the EVO system. Fab Tech doesn't have the best reputation for people who use their vehicles in off road conditions.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:02 AM
JK Super Freak

I would go for Off Road Evolutions stuff before I bought anything from Fabtech! The Fabtech guys are arrogant a holes and IMO their stuff and customer service is crap. ORE specializes in Jeeps and they take great pride in their coilover parts, why would you want to go with something different?
Old 01-02-2009, 07:39 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

Originally Posted by Ctimrun
I would go for Off Road Evolutions stuff before I bought anything from Fabtech! The Fabtech guys are arrogant a holes and IMO their stuff and customer service is crap. ORE specializes in Jeeps and they take great pride in their coilover parts, why would you want to go with something different?
x3 Fabtech products are not something I would recommend!
Old 01-02-2009, 09:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

so has anyone bought this system? alot of a negative comments from people who DO NOT have this setup. Looks like a good system...anyone with REAL WORLD FEEDBACK chime in
Old 01-02-2009, 11:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Fab Tech makes a quality product for other vehicles - not seen any great write- ups on the JK. I would choose Teraflex or Full Traction. There are other Suspension Companies out there - and you will have to do your Research.
Suggest you Google - "JK Suspension Lift Kits" - and you will find all who make Products for the JK that are not on our Sponsor List.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by rescuejeep
so has anyone bought this system? alot of a negative comments from people who DO NOT have this setup. Looks like a good system...anyone with REAL WORLD FEEDBACK chime in
Fabtech does a good job marketing their stuff with great pictures for you to look at. I have had many lifted trucks and have had Fabtech stuff and friends who have had Fabtech stuff. My experience is their stuff is crap, and I wouldn't make the mistake of buying their stuff again. Also they are your best friends until they have your money, they they act like you are asking for the world when you have any problems you ask for help with.

Ya I don't have "REAL WORLD FEEDBACK" on Fabtechs coilover kit for the JK, but even if their kit was the best stuff out, I wouldn't even consider it because of their dismal customer service.

Last edited by Ctimrun; 01-02-2009 at 11:35 AM.

Trending Topics

Old 01-02-2009, 11:44 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

the only reason why you aren't seeing any responses regarding this kit is because nobody i know has it. also, i would be warry about installing a coilover kit unless you know for a fact that it has been dialed in for a jk. like ctimrun, i have an off road evolution evo flex setup on my jk and can tell you that it rides, handles and performs outstandingly. also, i know for a fact that off road evolution has spent thousands of dollars fine tuning and dialing in their coilovers to insure you get the absolute best ride possible. and, being that THEY ARE A SPONSOR HERE, you know you can count on them to answer any questions you might have and help you in any way that you need. likewise, they make frequent trips out to dubai and work with an affiliate there so you can also get support from them that way as well. need i say, you can do all the research on the net you want but when it comes to quality products and customer service you can count on, you'll only be able to find it here JK-Forum.com
Old 01-02-2009, 12:08 PM
JK Super Freak

These coilover kits are very expensive, I wanted to do it right the first time and not be a beta tester for someone. Actually now that I know Mel and crew, I would feel comfortable beta testing for them cause I see their pride in this kind of work, but that is a different story.

I know how much time Mel and has put into testing and tuning and know my suspension is very dialed in, and if it needs to be adjusted for whatever reason know he will take care of it for me, as he already has. Customer service is a huge reason I buy from certain people, and Mel's customer service, just like David at Northridge can't be beat!
Old 01-02-2009, 12:32 PM
JK Jedi Master

Are they still in business?

Quick Reply: Fabtech Front 5" Coilover Conversion Kit