Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Finally got my stock 2wd dirty!

Old 10-13-2007, 03:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally got my stock 2wd dirty!

My younger brother & I hit the trails & mud hole today. He's got a 4x4 Z71. I've got a 2wd stock Sahara Unlimited. I was impressed with what I could do on it. I uploaded a lot of pics on my gallery, but here's a few for you now.

Yes...I did get stuck eventually. We knew there was a deep hole somewhere in this run. I found it!! My brother pulled me out & he eventually ran through it on his 4wd. After a few mods (one day), I'll revisit this run.

Old 10-13-2007, 03:55 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice pictures! That mud looked pretty deep.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:34 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As Leon Phelps would say, "ooooh. It's a lady!"
Old 10-13-2007, 06:59 PM
JK Super Freak

yeah, good pics...looks like fun! I'll have to hit you up next time I come down that way.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:02 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK-KJ
yeah, good pics...looks like fun! I'll have to hit you up next time I come down that way.
Dude..DEFINITELY hit me up. Now I know at least 2 good spots...one is technical & one is a straight up mud hole. You can get the best of both worlds here!!
Old 10-13-2007, 10:11 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx
i don't mind 2wd's, but i really dunno about off roading them . .. . . looks like it did well, but please be careful out there.
I hear ya, but I've been bitchin' about my own 2wd for the past couple of weeks & how I should've been patient enough to wait 9 months for a Rubicon (uhhhh...9 months...no thanks), so I've got to make due with what i've got. I was super impressed with what it can do. D1 is your friend on the steep hills. Rear lockers are awesome!! Positraction...awesome!! Of course, I would NEVER dream of going off road alone (2wd or 4wd), and neither should anyone else. Just common sense really. I gave it a whirl & it performed well. So for all of my 2 wheel drivers out there, hit the trails & see what's up!! But, be careful. Unless you're driving a rock crawler, you're still in a vehicle made for the street. I'll make some mods to mine in a few months & eventually trade it in for a 4wd, but you can still do some fun trails & mud ridin' on your 2wd. Jeep made a fine product! Use it!

Happy ridin'...

KIm
Old 10-13-2007, 10:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Get some mud tires and a locker and you probably could do some pretty cool stuff. You could get an Aftermarket Transfer case if you do want 4WD.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nice to see you enjoy your ride! 2wd 4wd it doesnt matter. Its a JEEP!!!!
Old 10-14-2007, 03:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by FRDesign
Get some mud tires and a locker and you probably could do some pretty cool stuff. You could get an Aftermarket Transfer case if you do want 4WD.
It does have a locker. It is the electronic traction control. It applies the brake to the side that slips. It does it so fast, you don't feel the slip. Take your 4wd JK out and leave it in 2wd and see how it works. It works better than any limited slip I've ever had, and as well as many lockers I've driven, without the drawbacks of some of them, in terms of feel and mechanical noise.

I'm not surprised at what you can do with 2wd with this vehicle. It still has great ground clearance, too.

Cool Pics!

Quick Reply: Finally got my stock 2wd dirty!