Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

First batch of mods done to my 08 Sahara

Old 06-30-2008, 09:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First batch of mods done to my 08 Sahara

Here's a couple of pics of what I did this weekend. Got the idea from here, and thought it looked really good. I am ordering a RC 4" lift, and 35's to go on the stock wheels, with back spacers the next couple of weeks..Never thought I'd do this to a brand new vehicle (again..) I used Duplicolour flat black wheel paint, and Duplicolour red ceramic caliper paint..and removed the stickers.

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

Another update..Finally. Includes fender trim with bedlined edges, bedlined front grill, marker to signal light mod and relocation. If anyone is wondering about painting their stock wheels, mine have been done for over a year now, and have no touch ups at all.

And some of my 4" lift kit and spacers (can't see disco's), waiting to get put on..hopefully tonight.

Last edited by Spetz; 07-28-2009 at 10:37 AM.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks.. I at first took them off, and masked out the tire for the first coat. After I had done the calipers I put them back on and just stuffed an old towel behind them to avoid getting anything I didn't want to get. Did a total of 3 coats, 4 rattle cans in total.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

The wheels look food for rattle can job...once the lift is on its gonna look pretty sweet..nice job!!
Old 07-01-2008, 02:48 AM
JK Jedi

Did you do any prep of the wheel surface before painting? You'll have to update how they are holding up long-term.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

I first sprayed them down with brake cleaner, then gave them a quick wipe with a shop rag, thats all. I went this route because I get scratches all the time on them, and it's cheaper to rattle can then to powder coat.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

canīt wait to see that sahara with the 35īs and the lift on..post pics when itīs done please
Old 07-01-2008, 09:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Curious...

Did you scuff the wheels before painting?

I have some serious scuffs on my Rubi wheels. After seeing how nice yours turned out, I'm seriously considering this. I wonder if my scuffs will prevent mine from looking as good.

Andy

Trending Topics

Old 07-01-2008, 09:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

If I was you I'd switch to flat black fender flairs as well. That would look awesome.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:07 AM
JK Super Freak

that looks really good! been thinking about doing that for awhile now just worried about long term.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:10 AM
JK Super Freak

sweet nice job... i was going to do that to mine but then someone offered me $$ for them so i sold em off.. they look great though

Quick Reply: First batch of mods done to my 08 Sahara