Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Front BUMPER comparison

Old 12-18-2007, 06:47 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Super informative thread! I just ordered the Shrockworks mid-width, so have a couple comments about your info:

Price as shown in the image is $555.00 for the bumper, $85.00 for semi-gloss black powder coat or $90.00 for textured black powder coat, $89.00 for winch-height hoop, and $32.00 for the two clevis shackles.

As for the "fog lights": Yes, it either accepts the factory fogs, or PIAA 4" fog or driving lights.

Also, the bumper comes standard with a removable 3/16" steel skid plate that wraps up underneath the front end far enough to protect the sway bar disconnect motor.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:36 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just pointing out a couple of small things: AVE = AEV

and on the shrockworks stubby for "bull bar" you have "no", but the pictured shrockworks stubby has a bull bar

thanks for putting all this together, great resource.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:21 AM
JK Newbie

updates added:
-Expedition One Basic DX
-Expedition One Trail Series
-Olympic Defender Front Bumper
-Olympic Rescue Bumper
-Few stats updated

Thanks for the info everyone!
Old 12-18-2007, 08:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Does anyone know (maybe Nick can answer this one) if the Shrockworks Mid-Width can be ordered without the cut-out holes for the fog-lights in the bumper? I only want the light tabs on top of the bumper to place after-market fog lights, but have no need for additional lights located in the bumper. Does anyone have pics of this setup?

Would someone photochop one of the many pics of the mid-width frontal view and color in the fog lights to make them disappear? Please.

Thanks.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:43 AM
JK Super Freak

might also want to add the two bumpers from Teraflex and the front bumper from or-fab as well
Old 12-18-2007, 08:58 AM
JK Newbie

Thought I might add a better pic of the HighRock Bumper with the lights mounted on the tubular grill guard. The mounting plate that comes with this bumper is suppost to fit warn and superinch not sure about the others. I only paid like 600 for the bumper but 90 for the grill guard.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks very much for your comparison. My favorite detail is the weignt. I was thinking to go with either a Mid with Shrockworks bumper or an LoD bumper.

But now seeing that the Shrockworks stubby is so light...I might go with that one.

Thanks!
Old 12-18-2007, 09:19 AM
JK Newbie

I like all the basic ones like the Expedition One or the Pure Jeep!
Old 12-18-2007, 10:56 AM
JK Newbie

update added:
-Teraflex
-Hanson
-Warn tube
-Mopar new photo
Old 12-18-2007, 12:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Shrockworks

Awesome thread sasquatchpoacher!

Originally Posted by Jamooche
Thanks very much for your comparison. My favorite detail is the weignt. I was thinking to go with either a Mid with Shrockworks bumper or an LoD bumper.

But now seeing that the Shrockworks stubby is so light...I might go with that one.

Thanks!
Jamooche,
I just ordered a Shrockworks mid from Jim. I asked him specifically about the weight of both bumpers. If you look at the stubby on their website, the weights for each item are itemized:
Bumper - 44lbs.
Skid Plate - 27lbs.
Winch Plate - 11lbs.
Total - 82lbs.

The mid-width weight is listed with winch plate and skid plate included:
Total - 96lbs.

These total weights DO include the winch hoop.

All that being said, a stubby with bull-bar and winch plate weighs-in only 14lbs. lighter than the mid. The only way to run a 44lb. stubby would be to not install the skid plate or a winch. I'm not sure exactly what the winch-hoop weighs, but you could always delete that as well.

Originally Posted by nclehmann
Does anyone know (maybe Nick can answer this one) if the Shrockworks Mid-Width can be ordered without the cut-out holes for the fog-lights in the bumper?

Thanks.
nclehmann,
Although I didn't ask specifically about the fog-light holes, I did ask if the license plate holes could be deleted. Jim said that because everything is laser cut that he couldn't do any deletions. I assume that would apply to the fog-light holes as well.

Mark

Quick Reply: Front BUMPER comparison