Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Full Traction 4" Long Arm

Old 04-01-2008, 07:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full Traction 4" Long Arm

Pictures from the shop when I picked it up. Only able to drive highway and in town so far, but I love it!

Check it out!!

http://s307.photobucket.com/albums/nn316/mmcan/
Old 04-01-2008, 09:27 PM
JK Newbie

Nice rig;
I was just typing a thread regarding the FT 6" long arm lift and saw yours. I was thinking of running the Tera flex 4" or the FT 4-6". Why did you choose the FT? Why not the 6"? Im still in decision anything helps..

Brian
Phoenix, AZ
Old 04-01-2008, 09:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Great looking rig! Thanxs for the pics!
Old 04-01-2008, 11:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Looks great mmcan! How about some details on how it drives on the street so far?
Old 04-02-2008, 04:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by buttsbd
Nice rig;
I was just typing a thread regarding the FT 6" long arm lift and saw yours. I was thinking of running the Tera flex 4" or the FT 4-6". Why did you choose the FT? Why not the 6"? Im still in decision anything helps..

Brian
Phoenix, AZ
I did not want to go higher than 4" because of center of gravity concerns. It's already pretty damn high as it is, and I think I'll have very little issues with rubbing even with the 37's. And my wife and kids already complain about it being too high. Looking forward to getting the rails put on next week or so.

I went with the Full Traction because of all the great reviews that company has received on this website (I don't think I have read a bad review), and because of the 4 link arrangement they maintain. This rides and handles remarkably well. I hit an area of construction while going about 70 last week, requiring me to brake, turn left over very uneven surfaces as the road sloped away a bit, and then veer right again. I puckered up pretty good with that one, but the Jeep had no issue with it at all. I thought that a maneuver like that would have caused some "Death Wobble" or kick in the anti-roll, ABS, blah-blah-blah automatic control of the Jeep, but it didn't. It just kept driving like any other truck I have driven.

Another factor in choosing the FT over another lift is that the shops in my area service FT more than anything else. RE and TF are also available, but not as common. I don't doubt that there are those who will swear by any lift they have had good results with. But this is my first attempt at lifting a Jeep and I wanted to get it as right as I could from the start.

I am very happy with the results and the work Screamin Lizard did for me.

Last edited by mmcan; 04-02-2008 at 11:07 AM.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:19 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mmcan
And my wide and kids already complain about it being too high. Looking forward to getting the rails put on next week or so.
i think your wife would appreciate that.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

I really torn if its worth upgrading from the RE 3.5 "Short Arm" to the FT 4" Long Arm.
Your rig looks fantastic though, good looking flex.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:56 AM
JK Super Freak

mmcan, can you post a couple pics of it on level ground so we can see the stance?
Old 04-02-2008, 11:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mikeyfl
i think your wife would appreciate that.
Noted, and edited correctly.

Thanx!
Old 04-03-2008, 07:36 PM
JK Newbie

mmcan....were you going to post side view pics on level grounbd. Would be great to see the overall height. Nice flex.

Quick Reply: Full Traction 4" Long Arm