Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Get my tires today...Bad news NO tires today

Old 07-23-2009, 04:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Get my tires today...Bad news NO tires today

Ordered my wheels and tires from (blank) two weeks ago. They called today with good news and bad news. The wheels came in earlier this week from California but your 4 tires got here today. I ordered 5 of course for the spare.

Oh well, I'll just drive a couple days without a spare. No big deal I will leave work early and get 4 mounted.

They pull my Jeep in and in about 10 min. my Jeep is backing out with the same tires on it. That's not good.

Bad news again: The wheels are the wrong bolt pattern. I was very specific to make sure they ordered the 5x5 bolt pattern. I knew the right size, BS and model number. They still got it wrong!

Rant over: Nothing to show. I did get to touch one of the tires. Now more waiting. Maybe the spare will be here when the second set of wheels get here.

Can't be too down because I'm the lucky guy that is alive and driving a new 2009 JK Unlimited! I survived a high speed rollover and walked away with scratches.
(Click the 2dr Gone in my signature) No whining!!! I feel better now that I have had this oppotunity to vent.

Last edited by Geeper4x4; 07-23-2009 at 05:12 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What shop is this? I wanna make sure I don't buy from 'em.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:41 PM
JK Super Freak

They are a sponsor of this forum.
In their defense: They ordered them from a vendor and even if you order the right parts it doesn't mean the vendor ships the right parts ...or the right number of parts. I am thinking about a discount though.

Last edited by Geeper4x4; 07-23-2009 at 04:52 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

son of a
Old 07-23-2009, 07:56 PM
JK Freak

no good....but definately worth the wait...b/c didnt you have 33's on your 2dr? you'll love 35's and never turn back
Old 07-23-2009, 08:55 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i feel your pain. one week i went into my tire guys shop monday first thing and said i need my full size spare by friday, told him everything i needed for specs and gave him the cash got my reciept and made sure he knew i need it by friday. this was bexause i was going on a wheeling trip to last for fri sat sun. thursday i called him and he said my Enduro's are discontinued. and the pro comp steelie he got in friday morning was a 15 x10 instead of a 16x10. i was sooooo pissseedd days after i got back i finally got my spare. but i still cannot find a wheel to match the rest..
good luck with your ordeal
Old 07-24-2009, 04:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ben1284
no good....but definitely worth the wait...b/c didnt you have 33's on your 2dr? you'll love 35's and never turn back
Yup I had 33's and these 35 x 15 just look huge! It will balance the 4 door out just right though. Once I get these on I'm limited to street only for awhile. The suspension lift is next on the plan. It is hard to believe you can get 35's under the fenders with only a 1.25 bl. The TJ's would have never been able to do this.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:43 AM
JK Freak

Man I feel your pain. I ordered wheels and tires back in april and got 4 wheels and 5 tires. So I'm riding around with out my spare since. I called again yesterday and my wheel is still on back order. Should have it by the end of August.

So at least yours are in stock.... lol
Old 07-24-2009, 04:50 AM
JK Newbie

i feel your pain man!!

i ordered my tires/wheels 2 weeks ago now and all rubber is in, but only 3 wheels! nothing the shop can do but wait with me for the wheels to shop up off backorder. i'm going to pick up one wheel/tire combo tonight so that i have a spare to pass inspectino with (my salvage jeep didn't come wth a spare)... but i'll be diein till they come in.

edit: at least it gives me more time to save up for the nifty 4.88s ... less time driving around tryin to get out of my own way with 3.21s

Last edited by 6DoF; 07-24-2009 at 04:52 AM.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

The slow economy has meant reduced inventories and longer lead times for everyone. When I ordered my Walker Evans wheels they had no blanks to machine, and were waiting for a container that was on the water. (They did get them to me in 2 weeks though which was smoking fast for custom machined wheels) My tires and other parts were the same way. Weeks to get them.

If you're planning on buying something soon, check availability. You might get an unpleasant surprise.

MAN! That is one nasty wrecked JK! Were you alone? Hi speed? Multiple rolls?

Last edited by Slippery; 07-24-2009 at 05:01 AM.

Quick Reply: Get my tires today...Bad news NO tires today