Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

GOBI Ranger Rack

Old 04-01-2009, 11:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm pretty sure Gobi lists their racks for 300lbs static load but when pressed they say they do that for insurance reasons and the rack will actually hold a lot more.

Scott
Old 04-01-2009, 11:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ssmathis
I'm pretty sure Gobi lists their racks for 300lbs static load but when pressed they say they do that for insurance reasons and the rack will actually hold a lot more.

Scott
The stickers on the powder coating I pulled off I believe said 300 or 350 for going down the road and 800 stationary. None of the racks out there want you cruising down the highway swerving to miss your local state Yeti's resulting in a rollover due to a higher CG caused by roof rack weight
Old 04-01-2009, 11:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by keithro
How is the wind noise? with and without the lights?
Like all of them I guess, noisier with a soft top, have not tried it with the hardtop yet. With the lights it was even noiser but I like the noise, along with the noisy tires and bouncing hood it reminds me it's a Jeep and not my wife's Camry
Old 04-01-2009, 12:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SASQUATCH
Like all of them I guess, noisier with a soft top, have not tried it with the hardtop yet. With the lights it was even noiser but I like the noise, along with the noisy tires and bouncing hood it reminds me it's a Jeep and not my wife's Camry

Well said brother, well said!
Old 04-01-2009, 12:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn you! that is nice! I want to hump your Jeeps leg everytime I see it!
Old 04-01-2009, 12:15 PM
JK Super Freak

do they make that for the 4 dr? and do you have to put the ladder on the back i think that would interfere with the Jerry can holder i fabricated

and if you don't mind me asking how much $$$$

Looks awesome though
Old 04-01-2009, 12:17 PM
JK Super Freak

come to think of it after looking at the pics again i don't think it would work with my AEV snorkel
Old 04-01-2009, 12:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RubiRascal
Well said brother, well said!
Yoh Randy, thanks dude, hey did you figure out what you wanted to do on your rock rails (drill/tap or weld)? I forget what you said they were but I'd like to see a pic of them, link or something.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Offroadme
do they make that for the 4 dr? and do you have to put the ladder on the back i think that would interfere with the Jerry can holder i fabricated

and if you don't mind me asking how much $$$$

Looks awesome though
Thanks, GOBI has all the prices, give them a call, just depends on what you want, 2, 4 dr, welded in front insert (free) or removable like I have (little extra), blah blah blah, wasn't bad.

You'd have to ask them about the snorkely but from what I see the way it hugs the windshield rail, I think most of the snorkels would be ok, not sure though, call them up. If you need some closeup pics where the snorkel would go let me know.Just got back from the urgent care center and the xrays show that it isn't broken, he says it's just badly bruised. However, he sent me home with a prescription for Motrin 800 and says to use an icepack. I've been taking 4 of the 200mg Motrin already and that doesn't help at all, as well as the icepack, so I guess I just have to stick it out. I was at work for 3 1/2 hours this morning and could only sit in my chair for about 3-4 minutes at a time and then have to stand for 10 minutes. It's really hard to get anything done that way. I'm about to lay on the couch with my icepack.

Last edited by SASQUATCH; 04-01-2009 at 01:45 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:44 PM
JK Junkie

That's a nice looking rack, I wish I could still fit my Jeep in the garage if I got one.

Quick Reply: GOBI Ranger Rack