Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Got my Rugged Ridge tube doors today!

Old 01-05-2011, 01:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Got my Rugged Ridge tube doors today!

I got my RR tube doors today! So far I am really happy with them except for one issue with the hinge pins on one of the doors. I'll post more pics as soon as I can get them on my jeep but here is what I have for now:

Packaging is excellent:

Doors are texture powder coated and have no blemishes on them. Note the hinge pins are threaded so you can bolt them down. The doors also come with straps to keep them from swinging out too far and rubber bumpers to stop any rattling. Missing in the picture are two cups used as backing plates to mount the stock mirrors.

On one door the hinge pins are bent out of shape and on one of the hinge pins the threaded part is also bent. I'm going to try and bend the pins back rather than send the door back to Rugged Ridge. I don't think it will be too hard to bend. The other three doors are perfect(although I haven't actually tried them on the Jeep yet to test for alignment).

You may notice the bend with these pictures:

Here are the images of two of the doors I installed. They fit perfectly! I didn't even have to adjust the latches. One thing that I am not happy with(very minor and I think I can fix it) is the hinge pins are 1 to 2 mm too short making the original hinge nuts clamp tight to the hinge. I suspect a tiny washer glued to the top of the hinge nut would fix this.

Last edited by troyboy; 01-05-2011 at 04:26 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't see any of your pics?
Old 01-05-2011, 02:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default No pics

Didn't see the pic link
Old 01-05-2011, 02:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by barnettd
Didn't see the pic link
stange, maybe I have to make them public. I'll check...
Old 01-05-2011, 02:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by troyboy
stange, maybe I have to make them public. I'll check...
hmm, I logged out and then deleted all history and cookies and I was able to recreate the problem. I guess you have to be logged in?

My pictures are at: h t t p : / / w w w . j k - f o r u m . c o m /attachment.php?attachmentid=...

Should I move them somewhere else?
Old 01-05-2011, 03:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Default Fixed images and added a few more

Fixed images and added a few more
Old 01-05-2011, 03:36 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those look pretty good.
Any rattles? I was wondering what the little L shaped peices coming off the bottom were for.... DUH, door stop straps.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

those look awesome. im looking about getting something like that for the spring/summer. where did you get them? how much for all four of them, if you dont mind me asking.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:22 PM
JK Super Freak

No rattles yet cuz I haven't driven with them. lol. They do come with bump stops to stop any rattles but I haven't installed those yet. Maybe this weekend if the weather behaves and it's not freezing I'll install them.

I got the doors for christmas. My wife ordered them from 4wd.com. She paid $319.99 per pair plus an arm and a leg to ship them to Canada. You have to phone and ask for a special order cuz they aren't on-line anywhere yet.

Anyone where carries Rugged Ridge stuff should be able to order them for you.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:42 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by troyboy
No rattles yet cuz I haven't driven with them. lol. They do come with bump stops to stop any rattles but I haven't installed those yet. Maybe this weekend if the weather behaves and it's not freezing I'll install them.

I got the doors for christmas. My wife ordered them from 4wd.com. She paid $319.99 per pair plus an arm and a leg to ship them to Canada. You have to phone and ask for a special order cuz they aren't on-line anywhere yet.

Anyone where carries Rugged Ridge stuff should be able to order them for you.
Just found them on Amazon. $259 for the fronts.

Quick Reply: Got my Rugged Ridge tube doors today!