Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Just installed a Teraflex 3" Lift, Method Wheels and 35" BFGs

Old 01-24-2017, 10:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AMUPerformance
Haha. I know what you mean. What kit did you go with?
I went with the OME 2" HD lift, but it definitely gave me more than 2". It rides well with what I think is no vibrations, but I also put larger tires. I think I'm just getting used to the new ride. I also put jks track bars and an OME steering stabilizer.
Old 01-24-2017, 10:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What size tires? And I was wondering if the steering stabilizer will be beneficial for my setup. I talked to a few people and they say it's not necessary if you're running tires smaller than 37.

Originally Posted by Chewmeista
I went with the OME 2" HD lift, but it definitely gave me more than 2". It rides well with what I think is no vibrations, but I also put larger tires. I think I'm just getting used to the new ride. I also put jks track bars and an OME steering stabilizer.
Old 01-24-2017, 11:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

What size tires? And I was wondering if the steering stabilizer will be beneficial for my setup. I talked to a few people and they say it's not necessary if you're running tires smaller than 37.
I put the level 8 tracker wheels, 16" with Cooper Discovery AT3 315/75r16. So far it seems good, i have a slight shaking of the steering wheel at 60mph, but not higher, that I'm not sure what it could be. It's almost unnoticeable though and doesnt affect the ride. I'm not sure if I needed the stabilizer or not, but I really wanted to be as safe as possible as far making it feel like the stock steering. This is my first lift so I'm not sure what it would feel like without the stabilizer.
Old 01-24-2017, 04:12 PM
JK Newbie

I'm thinking that bushings may cause your truck to shake at 60mph. You mentioned maintaining stock suspension components so I imagine if you upgraded your arms and traction bars, you may be able to correct your problem. I'm also no mechanic and have very little experience with lift kits as i've only driven sports cars until now. lol

Originally Posted by Chewmeista
I put the level 8 tracker wheels, 16" with Cooper Discovery AT3 315/75r16. So far it seems good, i have a slight shaking of the steering wheel at 60mph, but not higher, that I'm not sure what it could be. It's almost unnoticeable though and doesnt affect the ride. I'm not sure if I needed the stabilizer or not, but I really wanted to be as safe as possible as far making it feel like the stock steering. This is my first lift so I'm not sure what it would feel like without the stabilizer.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Hey AMU, I've been considering the bronze NVs for quite awhile now and I think you may have just convinced me! They look great!! I've got a few questions though. That black outer ring is removable right? It's just there for looks?...What exact tires are you running (the numbers on the sidewall)? Thanks!!
Old 02-21-2017, 09:38 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks! Unfortunately the black ring (beadlock) is not removable as it is not a true beadlock. And I'm running 35 x 12.5 R17's. I like them, but then get tire envy when I see all the guys running 37's on the forum. Good luck with your wheels!

Originally Posted by Cali Cosmos
Hey AMU, I've been considering the bronze NVs for quite awhile now and I think you may have just convinced me! They look great!! I've got a few questions though. That black outer ring is removable right? It's just there for looks?...What exact tires are you running (the numbers on the sidewall)? Thanks!!

Last edited by AMUPerformance; 02-21-2017 at 09:44 AM.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Thanks! Unfortunately the black ring (beadlock) is not removable as it is not a true beadlock. And I'm running 35 x 12.5 R17's. I like them, but then get tire envy when I see all the guys running 37's on the forum. Good luck with your wheels!
Thanks for the quick response! I was only wondering to see if they get damaged at all while off roading if they could be replaced. Okay, I have the 315s which I think are a tiny bit smaller but nothing noticeable. And I'm on the same boat with the 37s. I'd love to get them but there is a lot more involved than just slapping on some bigger tires. If only it was easier (less expensive).
Old 02-21-2017, 09:57 AM
JK Newbie

Hey guys,

I recently lifted my JKU and changed out my wheels/tires and wanted to share my results in the event anyone were looking to run a similar setup. I included one pic below but there are more pictures and a full review on my blog if you're interested. Feel free to ask any questions.

http://automobileuploads.com/2017/01...view-jeep-jku/

Thanks!

Attachment 665323
I couldn't load the link you posted so I have a couple questions. First, did you do the short arm or longarm lift?

In a couple months I plan on doing the 3" TF Longarm lift on 35" Ridge Grapplers and Method wheels (Black). Really interested to know how the instal went of you did the longarm kit.
Old 02-21-2017, 12:25 PM
JK Newbie

yea, you'd probably be better off replacing the whole wheel if they really got damaged. And yea, I really wish I could go 37 without the additional upgrades and headache. haha

Originally Posted by Cali Cosmos
Thanks for the quick response! I was only wondering to see if they get damaged at all while off roading if they could be replaced. Okay, I have the 315s which I think are a tiny bit smaller but nothing noticeable. And I'm on the same boat with the 37s. I'd love to get them but there is a lot more involved than just slapping on some bigger tires. If only it was easier (less expensive).
Old 02-21-2017, 12:54 PM
JK Newbie

I did the short arm kit and am enjoying my setup so I can only imagine what the long arm will be like. My kit came with adjustable arms etc. to help re-calibrate my suspension geometry but your kit will give you the opportunity to have an even more stable ride with even better offroad capability. Make sure to share pictures and your story when you finish your install.

Originally Posted by BOWICON
I couldn't load the link you posted so I have a couple questions. First, did you do the short arm or longarm lift?

In a couple months I plan on doing the 3" TF Longarm lift on 35" Ridge Grapplers and Method wheels (Black). Really interested to know how the instal went of you did the longarm kit.

Quick Reply: Just installed a Teraflex 3" Lift, Method Wheels and 35" BFGs