Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Lights....Lights......Lights

Old 11-16-2010, 06:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lights....Lights......Lights

Hey yal well im pretty pumped to put the 6 new KC's i just ordered on my new custom lightbar. I am just curious what i should do for power/wiring! Am I goin to need dual batteries or can i get a nice optima or semthing to power it?

Any pics of your setup or advice would be excellent! Thanks
Old 11-16-2010, 11:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

KC's usually come with the wiring harness, or can be bought for additional $. Check and see. If not, you can purchase the relays, switches and wiring yourself, but a ready-built harness is alot easier.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:01 PM
JK Super Freak

when i purchased my light force lights i had to get a wiring harness for an extra 60 bucks,but let me tell you it made the install super easy. good luck
Old 11-16-2010, 12:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I reread your question, I still think you wanted info on the wiring, but to also answer your battery question, it depends if you plan to leave the lights on for a decent time with engine off.

I have Benchmark's dual battery tray with 2 Optima Yellow tops, but wanted it mostly to handle winching and to run a 12v fridge for extended time.

Many here have complained that their stock battery failed, so its good insurance to upgrade it, but I'd expect your lights to be powered just fine with a single battery, whether stock or not, with engine and alternator humming.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:08 PM
JK Freak

I'm running a bunch of lights on mine and after reading threads on the forum, knew the stock battery would soon die. I bought a DieHard Platinum battery. I actually bought the Marine version because it has 2 sets of terminals.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for all your help! Does anyone have pictures of how they ran there wiring? I plan on running the wiring from my lights on top of the windshield through the piping of my custom lightbar, then through the back of the hood close to the windshield mounted lights!

How did yal run the wires and how did you run them inside the jeep for switches? I heard theres a hole in the firewall? I dont know, any input and/or pictures would be excellent! Thanks.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BigRed0625
Thanks for all your help! Does anyone have pictures of how they ran there wiring? I plan on running the wiring from my lights on top of the windshield through the piping of my custom lightbar, then through the back of the hood close to the windshield mounted lights!

How did yal run the wires and how did you run them inside the jeep for switches? I heard theres a hole in the firewall? I dont know, any input and/or pictures would be excellent! Thanks.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...gh-beams:beer:
Old 11-16-2010, 04:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wallawallaron
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ation-Write-Up Hope this helps
Old 11-16-2010, 04:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wallawallaron
http://www.kchilites.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/6315_Harness_web.pdf

Last edited by Moochie; 11-16-2010 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Please, no clickable links to non sponsors
Old 11-16-2010, 06:17 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by josh_jacklyn
when i purchased my light force lights i had to get a wiring harness for an extra 60 bucks,but let me tell you it made the install super easy. good luck
What...???? I installed my 240 Blitz without their $60. rip off. Nothing to it....easy as pie.

Quick Reply: Lights....Lights......Lights