Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Modular Jeep trunk mockups

Old 05-14-2011, 04:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modular Jeep trunk mockups

I'll be starting the actual build next week. The goal is to be able to move the trunk to any setting I want within 5 min, without having to leave bits and pieces anywhere.

Ignore the metal cross-beams. They're just there to support the mockup pieces.

Probably the default setting. The back seat is under the trunk.
Click image for larger version

Name:	3lWklh.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	680677

Back seat flipped forward for extra trunk storage space.

Name:	0ozejh.jpg
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	680678

I have friends. They like riding in my Jeep.

Name:	cRtTPh.jpg
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	680679

http://imgur.com/a/mvciO#3lWkl
Old 05-14-2011, 05:31 PM
JK Junkie

hmm looks like an interesting Idea are you planning on being able to mount stuff on top of the cover?
Old 05-14-2011, 05:38 PM
JK Newbie

It should be able to hold some weight. A full-size person, no. A cooler full of beer, yes. There are ways I could *make* it sturdier, but it would violate the 3 principles that are guiding this project: Modular, Simple, Portable.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:41 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by dazole
It should be able to hold some weight. A full-size person, no. A cooler full of beer, yes. There are ways I could *make* it sturdier, but it would violate the 3 principles that are guiding this project: Modular, Simple, Portable.
Yeah I see what your saying. You got me interested in making something similar now lol, Maybe you could incorporate something like this material

But you'd have to make that last end "rectangle" be the length of the trunk with the rear seats up. But I think it is possibe.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:45 PM
JK Newbie

Keep us updated I'm about to pull the trigger on a Tuffy security lid but still a bit pricey for me. I've got an older style tonneau cover thats made out of some type of metal I can cut up and use, just not talented enough to figure it out on my own .......

Quick Reply: Modular Jeep trunk mockups