Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My 2012 Triple White JK Unlimited Rubicon build

Old 03-14-2012, 07:52 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got the other three doors done today.

I installed the aFe Power Y-Pipe. Sorry, no pics of the actual Y-Pipe installed. When I was wrapping up the Y-Pipe I attempted to install the 2007-2010 Skid Plate in place of the NEW 2011/2012 Skid Bar, but it hit the Exhaust Loop. I marked where it interfered for possible modification to install it later.

I swapped the Hard Top for the Soft Top.

Here's a shot of the HotHeads headliner.

I still need to install the Resistors for the Go Recon Smoked LED Turn Signals (which I forgot at the time of install), the Bestop Quick Disconnect Knuckles, the Poison Spider EVAP Skid, the "S"witch "Pod", & the "Storm Trooper" Decals. Hopefully, I'll be able to get some of this stuff done tomorrow.

I'm supposed to get the front windows tinted either Thursday or Friday.

....Not bad considering I don't even have 200 miles on her yet, lol.

My Rigid Industries lighting order is scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

I ordered the F1 Leather (Black Leather w/ Silver Stitching) from AEV on Monday. They said it'd only take 2-3 days to get it in. Hopefully, it'll arrive soon so I can schedule the install.

Lastly, I'll be holding my breath for the AEV Hoopless/MW3 style front bumpers to arrive so I can pick that up along with the rest of the AEV stuff so I can really start some wrenching.

Thanks again to Jason @ Rebel Offroad for the great deals on everything!!!

Oh yet, my Project-JK Shot Glasses arrived today too! Can't wait to take some shots with them.

Last edited by JKashat; 03-14-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:12 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JKashat
Some driveway shots...

Next step in the mods: Smart Fab door kit Front & Rear
Driver's side finished so far...

(upside down?)
LOOKS AWESOME!!!!!! Where did you get the door kit and the fuel cap? I will be adding those to my build they look AWESOME!!!!!
Old 03-14-2012, 08:19 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by APEX320
LOOKS AWESOME!!!!!! Where did you get the door kit and the fuel cap? I will be adding those to my build they look AWESOME!!!!!
Thanks! Jason @ Rebel OffRoad.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks great. Looking forward to following your build.

I just installed the smart doors on mine as well, for such a simple thing it makes a huge difference. I agree with you it should be factory.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:32 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bad1chad
Looks great. Looking forward to following your build.

I just installed the smart doors on mine as well, for such a simple thing it makes a huge difference. I agree with you it should be factory.
Thanks! I agree the Smart Door kit is awesome and should have come this way from the factory. So many things we add to our JK's "Should" have come that way, but that's also the fun of modifing them. We get to make them they way WE fell they should of and the way WE want them, lol. After I installed the kit, my neighbor (who has a '09 JKU Sahara) and his wife came over and saw them ans said they'd be getting them too. It is gonna take a little getting used to (being a previous JK Owner) not having the doors just "swing" away. I already hit my shoulder on the side of the door getting into it this morning when I opened it expecting it to just swing out of the way upon enty, and it didn't, lol.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:03 AM
JK Freak

Looks good. How do you like the headlights?
Old 03-15-2012, 08:13 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by toxicity_27
Looks good. How do you like the headlights?
Thanks! I like them a lot. Haven't had a chance to reaim them though. They put the light exactly where your need/want it, have no glare, and look bad ass.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:22 AM
JK Newbie

Very nice! I'm happy for you.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

The AEV F1 leather will look sick. You installing them yourself or are they? I wasn't aware that they did the F1 for anyone other than those who did full conversions through them.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:52 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bluejk09
The AEV F1 leather will look sick. You installing them yourself or are they? I wasn't aware that they did the F1 for anyone other than those who did full conversions through them.
Afaik, aev will not just sell the f1 leather to a customer unless they are installing it for you. It's not done in house though.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ojcvki

Quick Reply: My 2012 Triple White JK Unlimited Rubicon build