Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My homemade door cart

Old 05-17-2008, 02:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My homemade door cart

So after seeing this for $159.99...

I decided to make my own.

$50 dollars said and done. One more reason to take the doors off! (I don't have a garage which would have made things easier storage wise.)
Old 05-17-2008, 02:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

NIce job looks pretty straight forward and easy to do.
Old 05-17-2008, 06:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Looks Good!
Old 05-18-2008, 03:15 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Looks really nice. So, are you going to post up a drawing and parts list?
Old 05-18-2008, 03:58 AM
JK Freak

Thanks! Not much to it...all Home Depot parts. I got the wheels (~$4.60, x4), wood (spray painted it black), 2 L-brackets (x2), and 4 rubber stoppers w/screws (attached to edges of center beam where the door touches) all at the depot. Also, those rubber pieces at the bottom are for house doorways to keep air/water out (~$5.00 a piece). I can't remember the dimensions but I just made sure it was wide enough to fit the door longways and wide enough to let the doors lay against the center beam.

Last edited by RubiConz; 05-18-2008 at 04:01 AM.
Old 05-18-2008, 05:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice job!

I plan to make one, but can't decide if it will be like this or like the "door tree" one.
Old 05-18-2008, 04:42 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by N2rock
nice job!!!

I have the one in your first picture... Funny thing is when I ordered that cart last year it was listed for use with the '07 JK. But I've noticed that they no longer have the JK's listed on it. And I know why- the little "channel" that you set the doors into are too close to the center. So when you put the first door in, you need someone to stand there and hold it while you deal with the 2nd door. Also, the pictures and instructions have the velco strap wrapped around the top of the doors. But the tops of the JK doors are way too far apart to use that velcro strap. However, the velcro strap will reach the handles, so I just wrap it around the handles to hold the doors in place.

Needless to say, I'm betting your cart works better! Maybe you should sell them in the basement builders.
Thanks! Sorry to hear that cart you're talking about turned up to be so lame. Some of these JK accessories are priced so high they're comical! I highly recommend making one...saving money for some other mod.

Last edited by RubiConz; 05-18-2008 at 04:45 PM.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:22 AM
JK Newbie

bump!

how about the dimensions?
Old 01-13-2011, 05:50 AM
JK Newbie

Nice!
Old 01-13-2011, 05:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

while i was shoveling a foot and a half of snow yesterday, i was thinking about building something like this this spring.

does anyone else have any other ideas that would work. i have an unlimited, so i am wondering if it would make sense to make one rolling rack for the front doors and one for the rear doors. it would probably be more manageable to roll into my shed than one rolling rack with 4 doors on it.

Quick Reply: My homemade door cart