Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My JKU build

Old 01-30-2012, 05:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My JKU build

Okay, I'm not sure where else to put this, but I think this is the right spot.

Be forewarned, there is not a ton of cash or work put into my JK, but it's mine and I'll add stuff as I see a need and have available cash.

First, my pic from the day after I bought it. 2008 JKUX with 29K on it (August 2011) and all kinds of factory still.

Pro Comp Series 52 16x8 wheels the week after I bought the Jeep. I still have the stock wheels if anyone is wanting them. I'm having a bit of a tough time getting them sold.

And home from the shop with Firestone Destination AT in 265/75/16. I have a buddy that is the tire manager at Firestone so I got a great deal on these. I wanted to get the MT's but I know the AT will be better served as so much of my driving is on the road and my off road is limited to hunting trails several times a year.

Home from shop after I had 3/4" coil spacers put on the front (nothing on the back). And I also removed the stock step rails.

Bored at work and wanting to get out of town to the country so I placated myself by parking on the tire bump.

Decals on the rear added. The last one is actually a magnet to commemorate my 1/2 marathon.

New stubby antenna from antennex.

Not pictured are the grab handles that I ordered the day I brought home the Jeep.

I've got a few more things I know I'm going to add. I'm thinking Olympic bumpers on the front and rear, slider bars, and flat fenders. Those mods will probably take a back seat though to getting new storage stuff inside. I like the Smittybuilt rear gate storage and a Quadratec sliding armrest.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:25 PM
JK Junkie

That's a great start! New wheels look sick!
Old 01-30-2012, 12:59 PM
JK Junkie

Congrats.... the modding becomes an addiction... just an FYI. Enjoy tho, always liked the red on jeeps too.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Where did you get that antenna? Is it better than stock?
Old 01-30-2012, 02:38 PM
JK Newbie

Hey, great start! Enjoy building your jeep! Just make sure you plan ahead when buying parts. Example I bought my wheels before I actually bought the lift. And my backspace is off so now I'm buy new wheels
Old 01-30-2012, 05:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks good man, keep it up
Old 01-30-2012, 05:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Whats that 13.1 sticker mean?
Old 01-30-2012, 05:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

13.1 normaly means the person driving that vehicle ran a half marathon. If you see a 26.2 they ran the whole thing.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:32 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jugast
Where did you get that antenna? Is it better than stock?
I haven't had any problems with it. I've noticed one station that seems to have a bit of static, but it's always been a bit
finicky. I just wanted to get rid of the long, whip like antenna in favor of a cleaner look.

Originally Posted by Redman333
Whats that 13.1 sticker mean?
Half marathon finisher.

Originally Posted by Curt's JK
13.1 normaly means the person driving that vehicle ran a half marathon. If you see a 26.2 they ran the whole thing.
Yep. I don't plan to to train up for a full one. I spent so much time training that I didn't have much time for anything
else. I also had very little time for weight training and that drove me crazy as that my way to really blow off steam.

Quick Reply: My JKU build