Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My Sunrider top is fixed!

Old 06-11-2007, 05:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Sunrider top is fixed!

Doojer and Fiveoff -
Thanks for noticing that my soft top was folded incorrectly. I just happened to be in a rush and whipped it back without taking the time to fix it. Then when I went to meet JKGirl and Hubbo, I took a few freeways and the wind flew the flaps back and really made a mess! Since then I have practiced folding the Sunrider top and have got it down pat - for the next time I'm in a rush.
Attached are pics of my new fold job!

Old 06-11-2007, 06:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Trying hard not to steal your pride... try one more fold, tucking the forward most edge of your existing folds back under the latch bar. To put it another way, take what is now a V and make it a W. There shouldn't be any droop at all there - all folds should be 8-12" at the most. And I know, useless w/o pics but it's raining to beat the band outside now so no open tops... Here's one from Project JK that helped me the second time I did it.

http://project-jk.com/images/writeup...r/DSC04328.jpg
Old 06-11-2007, 06:17 PM
JK Freak

[QUOTE=RepressedSince15;107566]Trying hard not to steal your pride... QUOTE]

No offense taken Repressed! Thanks - I'll look into it tomorrow and send you a pic when I get it figured out! Back to the drawing board....
Old 06-12-2007, 04:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Boy they lost me with all those directions....I saw nothing wrong with your sunrider..for me sometimes it goes back nicely-- sometimes not...If there is a trick I would appreciate someone letting me in on it... please?
Old 06-12-2007, 05:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The way the sunrider is built, when you fold it back it "wants" to fold the wrong way. It takes a few tries to get it, but once it is folded "right" it should all rest right above the rear roll bar.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:31 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You're so close, now!

It's true, it "wants" to fold back wrong. But when you've got it folded back right, you'll know it and you'll be happy! No fabric should hang down into the back seat. It should all rest neatly folded behind the back seat so everyone can see the sky. When you first fold it back, make sure to start with the very back fold like in this pic:

Then, when it's all folded nicely, it should look like this (notice the little 5th fold on the top):

One thing that helps me is once I've got it close, I get in the back seat and get it all tucked and folded nicely from the inside. It did take me a while to get it the first time, but I'm glad I took the time to figure it out!
Old 06-12-2007, 07:09 AM
JK Freak

I want to leav me desk RIGHT NOW and try it! I understand now. Repressed said it best that I have to make my "V" into a "W". I totally see the difference. I'll post a pic when I accomplish it!! Thanks.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Lol... I remember screwing that up so many times. Thanks Chrysler for explaining it so well in the manual >>> NOT!!! If it weren't for this place, I'da never got the top folded right!!!

Now >> wonder if I can fit it all in the boot ?!?! (to be continued)
Old 06-12-2007, 05:30 PM
JK Newbie

Hey that's cool to know !! Now what about the 2 doors JK ? The soft top is shorter. I use the sunrider only once, so I'm not sure if I open it the correct way..I simply un-snap the front clamps and flip it over..It was a pain when I decide to close it..Impossible to get the front clamp back to their location. I had to remove the rear corner from the body to give enough play for the front clamp to get in position..I never use the sunrider option after that.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:17 PM
JK Super Freak

With all of this I am so glad I got the hard top. I want the front panels off i unclip, unscrew and lift off reverse it to replace. Of course now I am running a safari top and no doors. If I want it off unclip and unstrap and roll. It tucks in quite nice behind the rear seat. I know now I made the right decision because I simply do not have the paitience for all the folding. Thanks for giving me confidence that my decision was right.

Quick Reply: My Sunrider top is fixed!