Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

New Sponsor wants your pics

Old 08-23-2007, 06:06 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome aboard.

now... please open a store closer to western NY than in Toldeo Ohio!

that one is like 350mi one way.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:11 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Kiernan
The BFG MTs came from Discount Tire and were mounted to my stock wheels in San Antonio, TX. Unfortunately, I moved to MT *cough* where there are no Discount Tire locations *cough*. I would have bought the wheels through DT without a doubt if there'd been one here.

I started using Discount Tire in CA and was blown away by the service I received at the shop. I moved to TX and got the same stellar, friendly service there. There's no way I'd shop anywhere else for wheels/tires unless I was forced to (which unfortunately, I am).
Nice setup, I really like the look.
I'm glad you love the service and if there isn't a store in your area im sure their soon will be. In the mean time. check out our mail order site if you need anything www.discounttiredirect.com. Discount Tire Direct is our mail order division. Our prices are even more competitive and as I mentioned before we will ship to your door free As for installation. We have a network of over 1500 businesses, other than ours, that we can recoment you have your wheels and tires services at. All of them have to meet certain requirements to get on our list.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:16 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by usgaone
Just a question, why not carry Toyo? I was on your site just b.s'ing away, and noticed you carry just about everyone else.
Personally I really like the Toyos but some of you may know, Toyo and Nitto are made by the same manufacture.( built in two different locations but owned and built by the same manufacture with the same technology) That said, Toyo and Nitto try not to compete with eachother for business. Since we already carry the Nitto Product, (one on my personal favorites) we don't carry the Toyos.... However, If you guys are dead set on Toyos by all means go into one of our stores or call one, they should be able to order them in for you.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:17 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You seem like a great vendor, but I just visited your site and was very disappointed with not only the process to find tires but the selection of tires and wheels as well.

Any plans on carrying other lines that are more in line with 4x4? Toyo, Irok, Procomp, etc? Also wheels..couldn't find any black wheels. The selection was great if I owned a Honda.

Just a critique....maybe I'm retarded, but I couldn't find any of this..and the process to find tires I found a little to be desired.

Thanks for being a sponsor and I look forward to purchasing new tires in the near future!
Old 08-23-2007, 06:40 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by putnam dan
How will you manage the inbuilt pressure sensors in the 08s as this will prevent shipping balanced tires?
I haven't looked at the sensors for the 08 jeeps but we do have a deparment that manages this for us. If the sensors are available to us, they will do their best to stock them, if they are not stockable, they will try to find a universal replacement that we can stock. We are already stocking sensors for as many new vehicles as we can. This makes it easy when you buy wheels and tires from us. If you choose you can purchase a new set of sensors from us, we'll install them for you and send you the instructions on how to reset them for your vehicle. This is great if you have snow tires and wheels, you can use the O.E sensors in the snow tires and wheels and he new sensors in the new set up. This will save you time and money in the future as it's not usually too cheap to keep swapping one set of sensors. If
Old 08-23-2007, 06:45 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by ducatijr
ALL-
Discount Tire is awesome. The customer service is second to none.
I have purchased several sets of tires there and one wheel and tire combo. I did not purchase my set for my JK simply because they just didn’t have what I was looking for. ProComp M/T's

Quick story- I purchased a set of Yokahama's for my lowered F-150. I ran them for about three months and noticed that they were developing a flat spot from sitting in the garage for a period of 2 or 3 days. Anyway, after three months I called Discount Tire and they swapped out the tires for a set of Goodyear Eagles with no questions and nothing out of pocket.

That is incredible customer service. I send everyone there when they need tires.

Thanks for the bump! I'm glad we could help.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:17 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by JackMacOKC
You seem like a great vendor, but I just visited your site and was very disappointed with not only the process to find tires but the selection of tires and wheels as well.

Any plans on carrying other lines that are more in line with 4x4? Toyo, Irok, Procomp, etc? Also wheels..couldn't find any black wheels. The selection was great if I owned a Honda.

Just a critique....maybe I'm retarded, but I couldn't find any of this..and the process to find tires I found a little to be desired.

Thanks for being a sponsor and I look forward to purchasing new tires in the near future!

Our website only shows what wheels are in stock, we are recieving new product everyday so keep an eye on it. I encourage you to speak with one of our retail salesman. They can pull your vehicle up in our database and direct you to special order items or item that will be coming in. As for black wheel design, I just made a few calls and we are very limited right now, the MB VDrive comes in black with a face polish (windows of design black, front of spokes and lip are polished) I do have a few sizes in stock. I called unique (www.uniquewheel.com for pics) and they are retooling their 252, 297 and 42 for the new bolt pattern and backspacing. ETA (60-90 days) And we are planning on bringing in black MB72's with a lip polish. As more of this product becomes available more of it will be seen on the website. We love feedback on the site, if you want, send me a PM(please do) with your thoughts and experience, I have a web meeting today at 3:00pm and can voice your thoughts.

Last edited by Discount Tire; 08-23-2007 at 07:22 AM.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been using Discount for several years and won't buy from anywhere else. These guys are simply the best. Here's a story about my latest experience.....I went to the one near my work on a Saturday to order some 35 BFG MTs. The were supposed to be in the store by Tuesday the next week because they had to order them from Houston. Well, Tuesday comes and Fedex apparently decided to deliver 3 of the 5. Wednesday comes around and Fedex forgets to load them on the truck. Thursday comes around and Fedex has the same excuse. The manager at discount didn't buy it and made the Fedex guy unload his truck to show him they weren't in there. Turns out they were in the very back. I had left my wheels with the manager so he had them all mounted and balanced when I got there Thursday afternoon. When I pulled up, they basically pulled my Jeep into a bay and slapped them on. Best service I've ever had, hands down.

On top of the service, its the only tire shop I know that actually buys your old tires from you. I got $35 a piece for mine which basically paid for one of my new tires. Doesn't get any sweeter than that.

Travis, I do have a question though. I'm very interested in the MB wheels but I'm worried about the fit. I see there are 3 styles with 15x8 with JK bolt pattern. How can I find out whether they will fit over the brake caliber? And how can I find out the backspacing on the wheels?
Old 08-23-2007, 08:09 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome Travis!
My one experience with Discount Tire last year was a VERY positive one. Went searching through the website for a cheap set of tires for my wife's Neon we were selling at the time. I booked an appointment online with the Livonia, MI location and everything went off without a hitch! They opened the door for me, called me by name, had a bay open for me with the tires set out ready to go! I was very impressed. Everyone was courtious and professional. I look forward to doing busines with DT again in the near future for my JK!!

Last edited by BARNO; 08-23-2007 at 08:15 AM.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:42 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by bcperry2000
I've been using Discount for several years and won't buy from anywhere else. These guys are simply the best. Here's a story about my latest experience.....I went to the one near my work on a Saturday to order some 35 BFG MTs. The were supposed to be in the store by Tuesday the next week because they had to order them from Houston. Well, Tuesday comes and Fedex apparently decided to deliver 3 of the 5. Wednesday comes around and Fedex forgets to load them on the truck. Thursday comes around and Fedex has the same excuse. The manager at discount didn't buy it and made the Fedex guy unload his truck to show him they weren't in there. Turns out they were in the very back. I had left my wheels with the manager so he had them all mounted and balanced when I got there Thursday afternoon. When I pulled up, they basically pulled my Jeep into a bay and slapped them on. Best service I've ever had, hands down.

On top of the service, its the only tire shop I know that actually buys your old tires from you. I got $35 a piece for mine which basically paid for one of my new tires. Doesn't get any sweeter than that.

Travis, I do have a question though. I'm very interested in the MB wheels but I'm worried about the fit. I see there are 3 styles with 15x8 with JK bolt pattern. How can I find out whether they will fit over the brake caliber? And how can I find out the backspacing on the wheels?
Awesome experience, It's great to hear, I will be sharing a few of these stories with our corporate to make sure they know who is doing an exceptional job.

As for the backspacing see if this helps.
15x8" with a -19MM offset is 3.75" backspacing
15x7" with a 0mm offset is 4" backspacing

anyx8" with a 0mm offset is 4.5" backspacing
anyx8" with a -6mm offset is 4.25" backspacing
anyx8" with a -12mm offset is 4" backspacing

anyx9 with a 6mm offset is 5.25" backspacing
anyx9 with a 0mm offset is 5" backspacing
anyx9 with a -6mm offset is 4.75" backspacing

Getting all the wheels that will fit on your vehicle to show up when using our fittment guide can be a little tricky especially when dealing with lifted applications. Our guide pulls up options that will fit your vehicle with a stock suspention unless it specifies. To find the products that fit a lifted jeep, right now, you have to search for wheels by the boltpattern and you really have to know what offset you are looking for to find the correct one. We are working on adding the lifted applications to the guide so that when you search by vehicle you can look at wheels for lifted applications and it will find the correct offsets/ backspacing for you. Until this gets up and running, Forums like this are a great help or you can always call us.

Last edited by Discount Tire; 11-28-2007 at 07:46 AM. Reason: BS Corrections

Quick Reply: New Sponsor wants your pics