Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Painted gauge surround red

Old 12-07-2008, 02:31 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Start at the bottom by the pedals pull the small piece off .Then take the next piece off under the steering column they just pull off.Take out 2 screws and pull off the top above the steering.Pop the clear piece off.Take the 2 screws off the the black piece around the guages.

I hope this helps you.

I did mine today it did not take that long and it looks real good.I did the circles around the vents also.

Last edited by cub23; 12-07-2008 at 02:34 PM.
Old 12-07-2008, 02:52 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok great I got it!!!! Thanks alot.

How long did you let the final coat dry before you put it all back together?

Red
Old 12-07-2008, 10:08 PM
JK Freak

about 3 hours only because i left the house afterthe last coat went on, but that was plenty of time
Old 12-08-2008, 07:35 AM
JK Freak

Did you have any problems putting it back together?
Old 12-08-2008, 10:56 AM
JK Freak

Nope. None at all
Old 12-11-2008, 12:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ben1284
thats what i'm going for right after lift/tires go on....then my red will be complete!!!! at least for a while haha
Ben, you are the master of the Rattle Can! I expect to see your entire jeep rolling around here with the hood, doors, and fenders bed lined to match your grill.

If I decide to go yellow on my interior I'll give you a call.

Did you order your lift? If it's a simple BB & you need a place/hand putting it on give me a ring. I've got a well-lit garage & just about any tool we would need.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:36 PM
JK Freak

Awesome!!! Cause I have no tools at all haha...but ill definately take you up on that! I'm ordering it tomorrow!!I'm so excited
Old 12-11-2008, 12:45 PM
JK Newbie

Thumbs up They do !!

Originally Posted by .:eMETAL:.
really does look good man!! now they just need to make rescue green in a rattle can
just go to a jeep dealer and order it from the parts counter.

I painted my vent rings and it looks great! Takes several coats to get them to look right though. Then a final couple coats of clear.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The bottom smaller piece right above your shins just pops off it is held with clips. The next one below the steering column pops off as well but is hinged at the bottom so you pop the top right below the column out first. then the rest are screws it is obvious from then on.
Here is more detail about how to take the dash apart!!!!

Just make sure if it is cold you let it get good and hot because it cracks and clips can break easy. I broke 2 clips and 2-3 little clips on the clear piece around the gauges. I won't be taking it off again because everything is tight and secure now, if I take it off again I may break the rest of the clips and it won't go back on.

Of course I am not mechanically enclined at all and I mean AT ALL getting the dash apart took me 3 hours and several search's and posts on here and me scratching my head. The middle piece right below the colum was what through me a curve, I kept trying to get the bottom of it out first and that is where a hinge is, the top has to come out first. if it wasn't for that it would have taken me about 30 minutes.

I hope this helps.

Red

Here is my final product.

Old 12-17-2008, 06:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

im still on the fence about this one

Quick Reply: Painted gauge surround red