Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Poison spyder bombshell install

Old 07-24-2012, 12:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tchaap
Rhere is a diagram and 35lbs on the lubelocker packaging
Old 07-24-2012, 12:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SpyderSales
We are sorry to hear about the bolt issues that some are encountering. The factory spec on that fitting is 30 lbs. Our bolts are are sourced from a local well known source, so we are definitely not buying junk here, but one tip I have learned from putting diff covers on my own vehicles is to run a tap through those threads before installing the new bolts. It cleans out any debris that might have entered the bolt holes over time. I do feel your pain as I have snapped off bolts as well and it's a pretty crappy feeling. Sorry for your troubles and if you have any other questions, please let me know.

Timmay
It happens, i still will only buy poison spyder product. You guys are the best! One bolt doesnt change my mind!
Old 07-24-2012, 12:22 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Poison Spyder Representative

Originally Posted by shelbygto2
It happens, i still will only buy poison spyder product. You guys are the best! One bolt doesnt change my mind!
Glad to hear it! Now go out and bash the heck out of those things on the rocks!

Timmay
Old 08-28-2012, 04:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just snapped a bolt on the front as well, still have the back cover to go so i'm crossing my fingers! Unfortunately, i'll likely have to pay a shop to extract it unless anybody has any good tips for getting it out...
Old 08-28-2012, 05:03 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 619 JK
I just snapped a bolt on the front as well, still have the back cover to go so i'm crossing my fingers! Unfortunately, i'll likely have to pay a shop to extract it unless anybody has any good tips for getting it out...
Go buy an easy out extractor set. U use the supplied bit and drill a small hole in the broken bolt, then use the extractor and remove it. Most parts and hardware stores like home depot, auto zone, etc sell them.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Much appreciated.

Now that I've finished the rear and am less frustrated I can't believe I'm one of those guys... you know... that asks a question when an abundance of answers are only a google or forum search away!
Old 08-28-2012, 08:08 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Epic-Addictions Representative

Originally Posted by 619 JK
Much appreciated.

Now that I've finished the rear and am less frustrated I can't believe I'm one of those guys... you know... that asks a question when an abundance of answers are only a google or forum search away!
Bummer, hope it works out...... Maybe try "Honey this thing is trashed I think we need a prorock!"
Old 04-22-2015, 06:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Reviving this thread

I know this thread has been quiet for sometime now. But I just installed my Poison Spyder Bombshell on the rear DANA 44. Was torqueing the bolts to 25lbs and what do you know... pop! I thought that the bolt snapped in half. I was able to back it out and it had stretched out. I checked the differential threads and all were good. The bolt was worthless now. I replaced it with one of the original bolts for now. Seems that PS has had some issues with these bolts. My worries now are that the rest are torqued to 25lbs and are they about to "pop" too? Should I remove them all and replace them or since they torqued without any known issues just leave them? Any thoughts???

Quick Reply: Poison spyder bombshell install