Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Prodigy Performance Turbo Install On 2011 Sahara 6 Speed

Old 10-31-2012, 12:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MFX
Any updates for us guys contemplating the prodigy kit. Has the check engine light come, MPG gains, would you recommend it?

Tks
Geez.....Sorry for the delay.....I guess I haven't checked this thread in awhile. I've got about 20K on the 8PSI kit....Loven every bit of it!!! The Kit has been flawless since the first turn of the key....Both Machanically and Eletrically. We gained a boat load of power and about 3 MPG on the freeway. I've done quite a few forced induction builds and this kit is well designed, Top Notch Hardware and Wes is a Wiz with the tuning! I recommend this Mod to all my buddies.....Its FN killer!!!
I just pulled the trigger On Prodigy's 12 PSI kit.....Can't wait to make the simple mods and grab another 40 Rear Wheel HP
G
Old 10-31-2012, 07:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

what rims do you have on the JK?
Old 11-01-2012, 06:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bludevlsi
what rims do you have on the JK?

Ultra Rogue 175"
Wheels - Ultra Wheel
Old 11-01-2012, 09:28 AM
JK Newbie

What is in the 12psi kit? Price? I really like the idea of a turbo.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chadwi
What is in the 12psi kit? Price? I really like the idea of a turbo.

Well......Prodigy's Standard kit is forcing 8 PSI worth of Air/Fuel Mixture into the Motor......The Next level is thier 12 PSI....Its a prtty simple mod.....should only take me about
2 hours to install. Prodigy Performance is a Vendor on this site....you can look them up under the vendor section or Jump on thier face book. Let me know if you need anymore help!
G
Old 11-01-2012, 10:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 03HDFB

Well......Prodigy's Standard kit is forcing 8 PSI worth of Air/Fuel Mixture into the Motor......The Next level is thier 12 PSI....Its a prtty simple mod.....should only take me about
2 hours to install. Prodigy Performance is a Vendor on this site....you can look them up under the vendor section or Jump on thier face book. Let me know if you need anymore help!
G
How does this kit give useable power? I would feel like I'm blowing up my motor having to hit 4k rpms to get the HP
Old 11-01-2012, 11:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EsByrd
How does this kit give useable power? I would feel like I'm blowing up my motor having to hit 4k rpms to get the HP

What?????? 4K to build power???? I'm not sure what you're looking at but you build HP just as the factory motor did.....Only a _hit pot more!
After all my Offroad mods...My Jeep was about useless....Till I added the 150 RWHP from the 8PSI kit......Its an all around vehicle now....Great on the Freeway,
Killer Off Road and a pretty good stump puller when I need it! I guess you haven't seen the Factory HP Curve.
What are you looking to do with your ride?
Old 11-01-2012, 01:24 PM
JK Newbie

We need more of these installs out there. 4k rpms to build power? Look at the dyno curve. Do the research. Why do you suppose diesel trucks use turbos? They can't even get to 4k rpms. It's all in the sizing of the turbo. 03HDFB, how did it run on the 87 octane? Any ping? I'm curious because that is a sure indicator that it is a safe combo.

Thanks for some real world insight.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 03HDFB

What?????? 4K to build power???? I'm not sure what you're looking at but you build HP just as the factory motor did.....Only a _hit pot more!
After all my Offroad mods...My Jeep was about useless....Till I added the 150 RWHP from the 8PSI kit......Its an all around vehicle now....Great on the Freeway,
Killer Off Road and a pretty good stump puller when I need it! I guess you haven't seen the Factory HP Curve.
What are you looking to do with your ride?
Sry I was looking at their dyno and I meant to say 4k to hit the HP they are claiming. It doesn't seam like its a real world number for the guys and gals not wanting to hit the high rpms. Don't get me wrong I love turbos on my lil imports and old Chevy but I'm looking for more power in the daily driver power band of 1500 to 2500, so my question is do u feel any noticeable power in that range
Old 11-01-2012, 02:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

http://prodigyperformance.com/wp-con...12/01/Dyno.jpg

Seems like it really starts to kick around the 3k to 4k mark

Quick Reply: Prodigy Performance Turbo Install On 2011 Sahara 6 Speed