Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Reveal The Rubicons!

Old 08-20-2008, 07:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hard to beat Rescue Green

Old 08-20-2008, 08:03 PM
JK Freak

i think at this point im down to white or rescue green. I tried to think of colors i can actually see myself driving and with the colors offered in 2009 i think rescue green and white are the only two choices im seriously looking at other than the black which i have already had. That rescue green is looking very nice the more and more i look at it.

There still gonna have rescue green in 09 right?
Old 08-20-2008, 08:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

There still gonna have rescue green in 09 right?
Nope, you would have to find a 2008 to get the Rescue Green.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:35 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Bert338
Nope, you would have to find a 2008 to get the Rescue Green.
well dang that really throws a kink in things :P i was looking forward to getting the 09. Theres probably not a chance of me finding a 08 rescue green brand new at this point anyway. So i guess its only down to white/black just about...if i want an 09 that is.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:59 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by P Nasty
very nice! Thats actually, as of now, the exact set up im planning on ordering, still not 100% though.

What would you say the most limiting factor is of the stock rubicons? I guess a better way to say it would be to juts ask, when it comes to performance, what would the the first thing that should be upgraded on the ruby?

and thanks for the pics! Keep em coming!

Yes, i love my white Rubi. Limiting factor, well for what I've been doing and want to do, not much, yeah, i could do a little more and not scrape the bottom as much if i had a little bit of a lift and bigger tires, but for now i'm happy with my stock set up.

My only big add on want, is a winch, but that means either winch plate or bumper and those plus the winch are likely going to mean needing a lift to counter the weight, so for now, i haven't done that. Might in the future.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

My girl. I'm nothing but happy with my Rubi.

Old 08-21-2008, 08:24 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jfreeddo
Yes, i love my white Rubi. Limiting factor, well for what I've been doing and want to do, not much, yeah, i could do a little more and not scrape the bottom as much if i had a little bit of a lift and bigger tires, but for now i'm happy with my stock set up.

My only big add on want, is a winch, but that means either winch plate or bumper and those plus the winch are likely going to mean needing a lift to counter the weight, so for now, i haven't done that. Might in the future.
Sounds good. So theres not really anything you are unhappy with as far as performance? I actually just found out for the first time yesterday that rubys actually have e- lockers. I could have sworn they had air lockers i had no ideas. Any reason they swapped from the air locker on the tj to e-locker on the jk?

How does yours hold up? any problems with the stock lockers?
Old 08-21-2008, 08:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no problem with the lockers, i've had at least 4-5 instances in the last 3 months since i've owned her that i was struggling to get out of something, once a ditch, once up a trail, and once in some mud, that i simply either locked up one or both lockers and retried and easily made it.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:59 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jfreeddo
no problem with the lockers, i've had at least 4-5 instances in the last 3 months since i've owned her that i was struggling to get out of something, once a ditch, once up a trail, and once in some mud, that i simply either locked up one or both lockers and retried and easily made it.
Now is your rubicon a auto or 6spd? I have a 6 spd now but i want an auto. I have heard the autos have a bit more of a ruff time on the trail. Is that true, or just kinda something that is real but not really evident?
Old 08-21-2008, 09:13 AM
JK Freak

Quick Reply: Reveal The Rubicons!