Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Ripp

Old 07-31-2010, 06:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ripp

I love the power
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	79520  
Old 08-01-2010, 04:45 AM
JK Newbie

Did you install it yourself? Can you hear it whine? Details please.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:04 AM
JK Newbie

Default Ripp

yes I own a repair facility in Chicago we do everithing on jeeps so for me it was simple grate power it's like driving 8 cylinder I have the heathers too
Old 08-03-2010, 08:07 AM
JK Newbie

Old 08-03-2010, 06:49 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by NITEMAN20
yes I own a repair facility in Chicago we do everithing on jeeps so for me it was simple grate power it's like driving 8 cylinder I have the heathers too
So it's a Scottish JK??

Ok, forgive me but I am jealous! I have had the Ripp SC Gen I for about 6 months now and am currently awaiting header install and Gen II upgrade. I can't wait as I didn't realize how neat the whole package SHOULD be. Gen I was installed after 35" tires and returned a JK that could at least cross the mountains at speed. I would sum it up in the words of another member who has the SC "it gives you back the performance of a stock JK". That said the SC took away some of the smoothness of the JK and I worried about what was really happening to the Jeep's innards. After 8K miles with the SC I think it's bullet proof. What I am hoping to get from the upgrade is a little more "smoothness" and maybe just a little more performance! I should get 'er back by Friday!
Old 08-03-2010, 08:24 PM
JK Freak

Looks good...how about a few more pictures????
Old 08-05-2010, 09:08 PM
JK Newbie

Default Ripp

will have some of hethers and upgrade soon
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	80455  
Old 08-07-2010, 05:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

stupid question but if your running your stock hood did you have to cut a hole in it? I saw one up here for sale with the ripp in it and it had a hole in the hood with it sticking out a bit
Old 08-07-2010, 06:53 PM
JK Freak

Installation of the Ripp SC does not require any alteration of body metal. The only thing altered was the location of the battery and removal of the OEM airbox inside the engine compartment. You would never know it was there if it weren't for the sound.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:51 AM
JK Freak

AS far as I know the only snorkel compatable with the Ripp kit is the River Raider snorkel which in itself looks like a very nice piece. That said when I first installed the Ripp kit in Jan. '10 I ask Ross about it and he told me if I wasn't in deep water the snorkel might even restrict airflow somewhat. As I use my JK primarily as a daily driver and for gravel and rock climbing rarely I skipped the snorkel. I have to admit that I am very timid when it comes to water crossings but I think the SC alone may actually give you a slight advantage over the stock JK when it comes to water.

The SC sits back against the firewall on the passenger side. At lower steady RPM's like you would do when crossing a body of water the Blow Off Valve would be open creating a "pocket" of higher pressure just in front of the intake. In addition you would not have the serentine belt "pumping" water to the airbox as in the NA JK because of the physical relocation of the SC air intake. I still wouldn't push it though, a lot of air is sucked into that blower! My first day in Arch Canyon I completely clogged my airfilter with dust. Now I carry three!

Quick Reply: Ripp