Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Rugged Ridge Flat flares installed

Old 12-05-2010, 02:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rugged Ridge Flat flares installed

Got these in earlier this week and finally got around to putting them on. I painted the inner fender wells along with the flares themselves with duplicolor truck bed liner spray. I also trimmed up the front factory fender liner to and installed those back on to cover up the side sides of the motor. Over all its smooth and straight forward install. The painting and masking off was the most time consuming for me. My current set up in the pictures is the 2.5 teraflex coil lift with 285/70/17 duratracs with the flat flares. For the price theyre not bad. I got them for about 280 shipped during the thanksgiving weekend sale. Here are some pics of the flares from different angles since I havent seen many pics of these yet.

Last edited by Gooby; 12-05-2010 at 02:41 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks good man. I did the same thing.

Old 12-05-2010, 03:48 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DCJEEP
Looks good man. I did the same thing.

Any pics with them on?
Old 12-05-2010, 04:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't get it, you can trim your stock flares to look just like those, why pay? Am I missing something?
Old 12-05-2010, 05:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by knight1000
Any pics with them on?
Mine are the bushwacker.

Sorry man not trying to jack your thread.

Last edited by DCJEEP; 12-06-2010 at 04:54 AM.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:39 PM
JK Freak

This is great. I think the flares look great on both jeeps. Gives me something to think about. Im thinking flares first, then lift down the road. Thanks to both of you for putting up the pics.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:55 PM
JK Newbie

Default Wouldn’t waste the money on Rugged Ridge Flat Fenders

I too thought these looked good for the price, put them on and they flap terribly causing the front quarter panels to vibrate like crazy when going down the road. I took them off, sold them on EBay and bought Bushwacker the next day for another $150.
I wouldn't waste the money on the RR, in hindsight I would have trimmed my stock fenders but I do really like the Bushwacker Flat Fenders... look and function 100% better.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:44 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BLKJK08
I too thought these looked good for the price, put them on and they flap terribly causing the front quarter panels to vibrate like crazy when going down the road. I took them off, sold them on EBay and bought Bushwacker the next day for another $150.
I wouldn't waste the money on the RR, in hindsight I would have trimmed my stock fenders but I do really like the Bushwacker Flat Fenders... look and function 100% better.
Really....??? Please PM us regarding the problem. Todate we have not had this happen with both test vehicles or other customers. We would like to get more info if possible.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DTJK
I don't get it, you can trim your stock flares to look just like those, why pay? Am I missing something?
This is how I see it. These fenders are $250 new. In Canada you can sell your old fenders for 200-300 depending on the condition. Why would you take the chance and cut your own when you could get aftermarket ones for the price you would sell the stock ones for.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Canadian $$$

Originally Posted by DCJEEP
This is how I see it. These fenders are $250 new. In Canada you can sell your old fenders for 200-300 depending on the condition. Why would you take the chance and cut your own when you could get aftermarket ones for the price you would sell the stock ones for.

lol...don't forget to factor in the exchange rate!

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge Flat flares installed