Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Show me your half doors

Old 08-14-2015, 12:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rampage had some sliders like that in the works a few years ago but they never came to market.
Old 08-15-2015, 07:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's mine. Traded my full doors for half doors a few months back. When I picked them up
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1462649193.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	577.1 KB
ID:	621547

Name:	image-1830436292.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	538.0 KB
ID:	621548

Stripped them down myself, had them professionally painted. Installed power mirrors, power locks. Re-keyed the door locks myself. They turned out freakin' awesome.

Name:	image-1689668414.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	663.0 KB
ID:	621549

Name:	image-1989617144.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	591.2 KB
ID:	621550

Last edited by eric262; 08-15-2015 at 11:02 AM.
Old 08-16-2015, 03:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Testing being pretty much completed, the company is just about to place the first production order with the window company. There is one small detail the testing uncovered that has to be worked into the production sliders, there are a few minor details being worked on, such as how the window company will package the windows for shipment (there are lots of details like this required to make a product ready for market that you don't often think about), and choosing the tint for the glass. But the main work is done - the sliders fit well, work well and install easily.

I think the plan for window tint is for the fronts to match the tint of the factory front windows (a very light tint), and possibly to offer two options for the back windows - the light tint the same as the front, or a darker tint that would match the windows of the factory hardtop.

The photos and videos I posted shows the sliders installed in factory soft uppers, but they are also designed to install in Bestop and Rugged Ridge uppers. This photos shows a test fit of a frame (no glass) in a Bestop upper.

Old 08-16-2015, 03:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Question how do they seal love the look and function of the half doors but do they seal my buddy has a set of best top soft doors and the uppers flap like crazy and the doors do not seal out any weather

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 08-16-2015, 04:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by htm7765
Question how do they seal love the look and function of the half doors but do they seal my buddy has a set of best top soft doors and the uppers flap like crazy and the doors do not seal out any weather
There's no issue with the windows sealing, the tests I've done show them to be very weathertight. But installing the sliders doesn't change the relationship between the upper door and the Jeep body, so if your uppers leak before the sliders are installed, that won't change :(.

Bestop recommends bending the uppers so they seal better; in my experience all half door uppers require some adjustment before they seal adequately. This is from the Bestop web site:

Sometimes at highway speeds my soft upper doors pull away from my soft top allowing wind into the vehicle, what can I do to stop this?

It is common that your Soft Upper Doors may need to be bent inwards in order to get a better sealing surface with the soft top. With the door open, place your hands on the top of the soft door and pull downward towards the vehicle. Do not worry about breaking the doors as Bestop doors are produced using heavy-duty tubular steel. Adjust as needed. Also, Bestop includes round collars with our door kits. Using these collars around the door pins will help with height adjustment. For 2-Piece Soft Doors, Bestop offers adjustments on the pivot pins to assist with a better overall fit.
Old 08-16-2015, 04:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah that was all done still never could get them to sell properly I was hoping these going on half doors were a little more stout, thanks for the info
Old 08-16-2015, 04:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by htm7765
Yeah that was all done still never could get them to sell properly I was hoping these going on half doors were a little more stout, thanks for the info
Yeah, nothing beats the factory half door uppers for sealing... except perhaps fiberglass uppers - here are a couple of photos of a prototype fiberglass rear upper. It's unlikely there would be enough demand to make it worthwhile for a company to bring fiberglass uppers to market though.

Old 08-16-2015, 03:29 PM
JK Newbie

Those replacement slider windows are exactly what I need at the moment. I have factory half doors for about five years now and the drivers window is toast. I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on buying replacement uppers. It would be nice if the sliders were out by winter!
Old 08-17-2015, 03:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Guinnessdawg
Those replacement slider windows are exactly what I need at the moment. I have factory half doors for about five years now and the drivers window is toast. I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on buying replacement uppers. It would be nice if the sliders were out by winter!
They are on track for availability before the winter. The first production run should happen in the next few weeks, as soon as a few minor details get decided - glass tint and a few commercialization details like packaging for shipping.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jscherb
Yeah, nothing beats the factory half door uppers for sealing... except perhaps fiberglass uppers - here are a couple of photos of a prototype fiberglass rear upper. It's unlikely there would be enough demand to make it worthwhile for a company to bring fiberglass uppers to market though.

Love the retrofit kit. I'll be one of the first buyers. Wish the fiberglass ones were coming out too. I would've really liked to be able to paint match.

Quick Reply: Show me your half doors