Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Show us the recovery you have done!

Old 05-01-2008, 05:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Show us the recovery you have done!

Come on show us the recovery you have done...

This my JK

In a bizarre recovery... I was in the back with just one way to pull the Land Rover out.

Old 05-01-2008, 05:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by trucco

In a bizarre recovery... I was in the back with just one way to pull the Land Rover out.

Hahahaha nice!!! How long did that take?(Just Curious)
Old 05-02-2008, 02:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

It could be about 30 to 45 minutes. You know, your having fun and time flies.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:28 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

I can't. I'm afraid that if I show it one more time, JackMacOKC will have me banned for life.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
I can't. I'm afraid that if I show it one more time, JackMacOKC will have me banned for life.
Ok, I do understand but just one more time...

Originally Posted by RuBob
hey, where is your winch hook?
On the first recovery of the day we saw that it was winded incorrectly and we pulled out completely to realize that it was due to the screw that attaches the winch line to the winch was broken. To bad!!!
Old 05-03-2008, 02:22 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by trucco
Ok, I do understand but just one more time...
Promise not to tell Jack, okay?

Stanley Draper Lake, June 07.

That's JackMacOKC in the Rubi. That's my X behind it.

The Rubi is stuck. Make that very stuck.

Getting Jack unstuck.

Shortly after this shot was taken RescueX would show up . . and then Officer Pound.
Officer Pound was unhappy that our JKs were muddy. He read us the riot act about
tearing up his roads. Lately, BTW, all those roads in that area and around almost the
entire lake have been closed "for repairs".

Last edited by Mark Doiron; 05-03-2008 at 02:25 AM.
Old 05-03-2008, 05:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope this qualifies as recovery I have not yet gone much deeper. Perhaps once I get 35's and a lift!
Old 05-03-2008, 06:28 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK, I'll start with nonjeeps.

This dodge 2500 was snow wheelin with friends in a toya truck and a ranger both tried and failed.

Friend of ours who is really pround of his yota thingie.

Darn x-country skiers who can not drive in snow.

found this kid with his mom's quad that broke the rear axle off.

Now Jeep rescues.

First Rhonda with RubyJeep and only till she gets a winch.

Friend of ours Karl, nose dived.

First the grand cherokee was just stuck then when the explorer tried to help thay get stuck too, RubyDoo saved the day.

The president of White Knuckle broke on Angel Falls in Tillamilk forest.

And finally Me, RubyDoo tends to get high centered espically in snow. But she gets her self out.

Old 05-03-2008, 07:47 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by KJRubiconWannaBe
What is that white stuff in your pics of RubyDoo?
Its called SNOW, you know that white stuff you do not have down there.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Not much of a recovery, or picture of a recovery, but , good golly Miss Molly, these kids sure were happy to see me and Rubi pull up behind them.
It's an unmaintained town road, that is just an access to a few hiking trails, couple of backwoods fishing ponds, and a short cut to nowhere. It sits in a saddle between a couple of good east coast mountains (hills to you westerners), and was pretty well snowed in until 2 weeks ago. I needed to wheel, but no one was around. I figured I could make it thru Wheeler Mountain Road(how could you not go down a road with that name?) alone. And it was great, ruts and wash outs, mud and rocks, and stretches of road still under snow a foot or more deep. One of those great solo rides, where every now and then you wish there was someone else along, just in case, but once you start it's easier to keep going than try to go back.
Made it through just fine, the right mix of fun and excitement to hold me until the forest roads open. Got to Wheeler Pond, took the dog for a short walk in the woods, had a picnic by the pond, watched a Liberty go in the way I just came out. I was going to go out the easy way, but after 2 hours, and a nice lunch, the Liberty hadn't come back out, and there was no way they were going out the way I came in, but maybe they were hiking the mountain? The road was clear to the trail head. I was up for the challenge so it's back into the woods. Pass the trail head, no Liberty, just a second set of tracks leading off up the trail. So away we go. They didn't get to far past where the snow started.

This is heading south, where the fun begins

This bad, blurry shot, is heading back north. It's a bad shot, but it shows well, how the Liberty, really got nowhere once the clear road ended. They are about 1/2 mile in, on a 4 mile run, with no help for several miles in any direction.

From here it was just a quick tug, and out they came. We had to back up a fair way to turn around, but that was mostly off the snow. It was a real easy "save", but the outright joy on their faces, when they saw me coming for them, made it well worth my time. Just goes to show, a (stock)Liberty should not go where Rubi's fear to tread.

Quick Reply: Show us the recovery you have done!