Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

silver w/ blue accents

Old 07-03-2015, 09:52 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default silver w/ blue accents

I have a silver 2dr and looking to start modifying it. So far did blackout grill, and plasti dip hinges, but was thinking about mmmmmaybe going with blue accents, such as seatcovers, hinges and maybe even the rims, but trying to find pictures.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

When you plasti dipped your hinges did you leave the doors on? I did mine and taped newspaper around them and when I took the tape off it peeled up the plastidip around the edges of the hinges and turned out terrible.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-479676291.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	396.0 KB
ID:	616854  
Old 07-03-2015, 01:52 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by zackjk
When you plasti dipped your hinges did you leave the doors on? I did mine and taped newspaper around them and when I took the tape off it peeled up the plastidip around the edges of the hinges and turned out terrible.
You have to pull the tape off while it is still wet or you have to cut the edges with a razor blade before yo peal the tape off. I highly suggest to peel the tape off when the plasti dip is wet, it makes everything faster and easier then trying to cut around the edges and not to mess up the paint under it.
Old 07-03-2015, 01:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the advice. I'll put another cote or 2 on later and try it out
Old 07-04-2015, 09:27 AM
JK Newbie

I did it with the hinges on and as advised take the tape off when wet. The great part is with plasti dip if it turns out bad just pull it off and do it again.

Quick Reply: silver w/ blue accents